Dzogchen Without Buddhism?

heart

Re: Dzogchen Without Buddhism?

Post by heart »

Heruka wrote:heart, this is too much of a personal hit job on good member sonam,that it has to be taken with grain of salt.

there are maybe a few here that have knowledge of the "inside baseball" so to speak...

:namaste:

peace brother :buddha1:
What can I say, I am bad to the bone.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

heart wrote:
Thrangu Rinpoche is also my teacher although I haven't seen him for a long time. I received my first Dzogchen empowerment's from him 1992 during the DamNgak Dzö, and I then realized that I had a strong connection with Dzogchen. Just recently I found out just what empowerment's he gave (it is in an other thread here) and it is mind blowing thinking what we got. I am also very fond of Khenpo Ganshar. You should read Dezhung Rinpoches biography, you get a vivid picture of him there.
"A General in the Tibetan army" really ? :twothumbsup:

/magnus

/magnus
Because of his past, Rinpoché is a kagyu master that teaches very "Dzogchen way". I will try to found the biography of Dezhung Rinpoché.

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Posted here from another thread...
Mariusz wrote:
Namdrol wrote: Then you will be awfully surprised when you read the texts I have read.

N
:smile: What texts?

well, for example, the "The Essence of the Critical Point of Memory" in the Vima Nyinthig, has a footnote on this passage "Though one seeks vidyā with words, the meaning is not touched..." that says "Through the assertions of the nine yānas".

For example, in a teaching of Shri Singha to Vairocana found in the dgongs pa zang thal, the three inner tantras are listed as follows: mahāyoga, anuyoga and the view of the mahāmudra of non-dual appearance and emptiness. Following this, Dzogchen is listed separately from the nine yanas.

Or there is a tantra called The Self-Arisen Great Perfection from the Kadag Rangjung Rangshar which states:

I demonstrated the definitive meaning, the self-originated primordial wisdom
for those of the best fortune.
I demonstrated the Dharmas of the nine vehicles
for those of medium fortune.
I demonstrated the outer Dharma of the provisional meaning
for those with average fortune.

And there is an interesting text in the Gongpa Zangthal called The Mind Tantra of Vajrasattva which extensively differentiates the great perfection from the nine yanas. It begins:

In the demonstration of the eight intimate instructions that are superior to the nine yānas, the intention of all teachings of the great perfection...

Return to “Dzogchen”