Digital Tibetan Buddhist Altar

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Ng'mu

Re: Digital Tibetan Buddhist Altar

Post by Ng'mu »

Sorry your confused, I dont do drugs.

But what all this is all really about a Khenpo I saw last week addresed to a center.
He said many there were in the habit of critisizing. And this was of no benefit to the
center nor to dhamra.

We critisize all these different groups and people but we may know not what they are really about
and all we are doing is not dharma but getting off on the energy of our critisism.

Maybe you dont understand what I am saying because you lack the knowledge or your emotions get in the way.
Nemo wrote:Or run out of clozapine.
'Hell is the Lama of the Buddhas' -Guru Rinpoche
Ng'mu

Post by Ng'mu »

Jikan wrote:
Ng'mu wrote:... there was tantra in zen. Fudo-Myo-O is sooo tantric.
Love the vajra sword, and the blue boy skin.
Yes, Fudo Myou is a tantric diety. Please help me understand your position: what has that to do with Zen, or the topic at hand?

Everything is connected its just a matter of degrees and seeing the functions, or the single essence.
Everyone thinks differently, has different knowledge and different context.
So I start with the point it all starts for me conceptually, then I have all the points I can relate to in the story;
which has two sides the story and the random data from my own experience and memory.
What I am looking for is the function(s), what connects it all.

Tantrics argue that its all empty or all rigpa awareness, that is an absolute connection.
but relatively if I am making a personal threat to others of their property
like the evidence of Tenpa points to then one should be locked up or wrathfully stopped.

The thread about the buddha prohibiting the monastics from displaying miracle powers is very telling
and esanhga's maric fall and this debacle are pale shades of where that can go. Power gained from tantric experiences
of emptiness or rigpa, combine with ego is ugly, and does not seem to me anything that the buddha was talking about or perhaps everything
which appears to be why there were so many rules for the haughty monastics. (and that haughty term in from a tantra)
'Hell is the Lama of the Buddhas' -Guru Rinpoche
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Ng'mu wrote:no luv you flamed it and the account went dead... so I couldnt respond with fudo-udo
I found it odd, until I saw what happened later
then it appeared to be a habit
Namdrol wrote:
Ng'mu wrote:Must say I was once banned from esangha by my vajra bro Namdrol.

Unlikely.

Wasn't me. I don't flame peope either. Not for incorrect opinions. If you were banned, it was by someone else. I never banned anyone for simply disagreeing with an opinion of mine. In fact, I banned very few people. People who persisted in signing in under multiple user names, who tried to get around suspensions, and so yes, but never for disagreeing with something I said. So you are mistaken. Also, when I banned someone, I always let them know why. If you did not receive an email from me informing you of why you were being banned, then I did not do it. I cannot speak for other moderators.
Ng'mu

Post by Ng'mu »

cont.
Now Guru Rinpoche is different and it is said in one of his histories that he teaches dzogchen after every wheel turning buddha.
Garchen Rinpoche was crystal clear about this, if one is in Rigpa (tathagatha awareness) all the time, then intent to benefit
beings is the key not the moral attribute of the action. So there it gets tricky and very dangerous, unless one is in Rigpa all the time one is probably
no where near being able to judge the actions or intents of others. And then the karma can be deep, calling a normal person a dog
can lead to life times as a dog if that emotional imprint arises at the time of death; on the other hand if I critisize Malcomn because he
chewed my ass and he is an arya, I may end up in quite a hell realm at the end of my life; if I am an ordinary being due to his hyothesised capacity to magnify all his realities and qualities into that vast space of awareness that embraces all beings.

Of course if this concept of buddhism doesnt fit some one's mind continumn then staying at the level of practicing the virtues and dharma laws is more than appropriate. And actually this is the instruction of Guru Rinpoche to all of us; 'up with the veiw, down with the conduct.' So my impression of American Buddhism so far is that most of us are high on our horse, about an experience here or there, proud about the stories of our teacher and their attributes, and quicker to judge others than to rein in our own bad habits. I have clearly seen all this in my own path. That is couched advise because it is said with kindness and concern and not critism said with the desire to destroy you or at the least get you out of my life.

So functionally, this comes down to critisism versus advise on one hand and skillful means based on aversion or loving kindness on the other.
Loving kindness and advise take alot longer to work and aversion was the tool used in tibet by Guru Rinpoche like a swift sword. Americans are bucking this submission by dominance method already, which is what the entire Tulku downplay situation is about. Personally I think buddhism in America will down play one for awhile and embrace the other, but functionally the best approach is to always use both at any given time as needed, so I doubt the baby will be thrown out with the bathwater. So my advise to Americans is don't get to excited about the power dropping from the throne into a board committee or a family. Every wolf pack has a leader.

affably, dchen rinpoche
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Ng'mu wrote: and esanhga's maric fall

E-sangha was hacked by tamil tiger hackers who were pissed at a debate about Sinhalese nationalism occuring on E-Sangha at the time-- then the hosting company pooched the backup when the database was corrupted. All very straightforward and nothing mysterious.

For the most part, all the other successful Buddhist boards are running under modified sets of rules developed out of their experience at e-Sangha.

E-Sangha, for the most part, failed because it tried to satisfy the competing values of three major Buddhist traditions, Thervada, Zen and Tibetan Buddhism. Now there are three boards, with three different sets of former E-Sangha moderators in these three spheres. And they all have policies more or less derived from E-Sangha with modifications made according to their own experience.

N
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Ng'mu wrote:critisize Malcomn

That would be "Malcolm". And what is your name?

N
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

Ng'mu wrote:Every wolf pack has a leader.
I know it's a metaphor but we don't need Dharma wolf packs. We need dedicated practitioners who are actively developing compassion and lovingkindness and being Buddha with every step and breath.

Kirt
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
heart

Post by heart »

Ng'mu, why don't we talk Dharma instead of rehashing e-sangha?

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

heart wrote:Ng'mu, why don't we talk Dharma instead of rehashing e-sangha?

/magnus

Sometimes people like to come here and bitch about my imagined sins against them, I guess they find catharsis in directly addressing the imagined source of their discontent.

N
deepbluehum

Post by deepbluehum »

Namdrol wrote:

N
He said is name dchen rinpoche
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

deepbluehum wrote:
Namdrol wrote:

N
He said is name dchen rinpoche

No, that is not a name. This person claims to know me personally. I don't know anyone named dchen rinpoche.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Ng'mu wrote:Sorry your confused, I dont do drugs.

But what all this is all really about a Khenpo I saw last week addresed to a center.
He said many there were in the habit of critisizing. And this was of no benefit to the
center nor to dhamra.

We critisize all these different groups and people but we may know not what they are really about
and all we are doing is not dharma but getting off on the energy of our critisism.

Maybe you dont understand what I am saying because you lack the knowledge or your emotions get in the way.
Nemo wrote:Or run out of clozapine.
I'm not confused. I was half kidding. It's just that your speech patterns and dialogue style loosely match the signature of people I see in psych. Have you ever needed psychological care?

And To Namdrol; Some of the utter fabrications about Tamils were worthy of an attack. Not that it matters, most of them are dead or in hiding now. I had guessed it was the Chinese. I miss E-Sangha's huge open forum. Like a Renaissance coffee house. It was a beacon of Buddhist Liberalism, if that makes sense.

Sorry but someone has to have the balls to say this. Penor Rinpoche forgive me.;
Has Cassidy really been in jail for 9 months now for talking shit on the internet. Talk about using a police state to your advantage. Jetsumna, you look like a crazy bitch willing to kill an old man to settle a score.
rose
Site Admin

Post by rose »

Locked.

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”