The Rushen Preliminaries of Bönpo Dzogchen

Discussion of the fifth religious tradition of Tibet.
Lhug-Pa

The Rushen Preliminaries of Bönpo Dzogchen

Post by Lhug-Pa »

Greetings

Which books of unrestricted availablity, besides Heart Drops of Dharmakaya, have complete Rushen instructions?

Well, actually, the English translation of Heart Drops of Dharmakaya is missing the Rushen practice of purifying the Six Lokas which I believe is related to Longsal.

And is the Guru Yoga practice found within Vajranatha's (John Myrdhin Reynolds) book Oral Tradition From Zhang-Zhung a complete Guru Yoga practice?

It seems to me that if we were to practice Dzogchen on our own, that we should most definitely work first with the, what seem to me to be, Dzogchen prerequisites, i.e. Guru Yoga, Ganachakra Puja or Ganapuja (or at least the Gnostic Communion/Eucharist or the Pancatattva Ritual of Hindu Tantra), Rushen (and/or Semdzin), and Trekchö; before even attempting Thögal.

Is the Bönpo Rushen, and its Mantra, which is the practice of the Six Lokas (related to Longsal?) that is mentioned, but not described, in Heart Drops of Dharmakaya; found within Vajranatha's Oral Tradition From Zhang-Zhung?

Sarva Mangalam
Josef

Re: The Rushen Preliminaries of Bönpo Dzogchen

Post by Josef »

The Six Loka Rushen is a common Rushen. It comes from the Buddhist Dzogchen tantras. For instance, Jigme Lingpa also gives this instruction in the Yeshe Lama. The Longsal cycle contains slightly different instructions but the essence is the same.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
mutsuk

Post by mutsuk »

Check here, you'll have it all :
http://www.namsebangdzo.com/Dawn_of_Awa ... /16001.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

mutsuk wrote:Check here, you'll have it all :
http://www.namsebangdzo.com/Dawn_of_Awa ... /16001.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Excellent! :applause: :thanks: :twothumbsup:

I'm surprised that I haven't seen that yet, as I've browsed Namsebangdzo quite a bit.

See this link for other books by Jean-Luc Achard as well:

"Instructions on the Primordial A", "Four Lamps", etc.

Sarva Mangalam
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

Pema Rigdzin wrote:Purifying the seeds of the six lokas is part of all Buddhist khorde rushen practices, not just Namkhai Norbu's Longsal. Instructions for this practice differ in minor ways in the various systems, but it's almost always basically the same thing essentially. I believe one of Norbu Rinpoche's versions of this practice, however, is unique in that it combines Vajrasattva practice with the purification of the six lokas. On the other hand, I've received pith instructions from one of my other lamas on how to combine purification of the seeds of the six lokas with various Yidams in a very similar way.
Thanks for clarifying.

Return to “Bön”