door mantras, gyalpo protection etc

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Tssrt

door mantras, gyalpo protection etc

Post by Tssrt »

Do I have to do a Rabne before they do work? For example these door mantras that are said to purify 100 000 aeons of karma or the gyalpo protection from the dudjom tersar. Do these things work without doing consecration? In the east they just buy for example prayerflags and raise them, without empowering them (the lay people, not the Lamas).

I know the Rabne consecration from Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche or better to say I have the Lung to do it. Am i supposed to do this many times or is it done just one time?

Greetings
Aemilius

Re: door mantras, gyalpo protection etc

Post by Aemilius »

Dificult to know, may be it is your mind that works?
You just have to have a TV-set in Your home, and it will immediately have an effect on your consciousness. How is that possible? And yet it is most certainly true.
You can also give a blessing to your TV-set, or invite monks to do it.
svaha
"All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.
They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Sarvē mānavāḥ svatantrāḥ samutpannāḥ vartantē api ca, gauravadr̥śā adhikāradr̥śā ca samānāḥ ēva vartantē. Ētē sarvē cētanā-tarka-śaktibhyāṁ susampannāḥ santi. Api ca, sarvē’pi bandhutva-bhāvanayā parasparaṁ vyavaharantu."
Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1. (in english and sanskrit)

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”