Colitis Treatment

Discuss any health or dietary topics which lie outside mainstream Western medical thinking, from Ayurveda to Reiki.
dianah

Colitis Treatment

Post by dianah »

Greetings,
My colitis had been in remission for 2 years and now has flared up. This happens when there is overwhelming stress in my life (work, personal etc.)
The medication I take is Asacol which brings the colitis into remission. Does anyone know of any alternative treatments?
Thanks! di
Jinzang

Re: Colitis Treatment

Post by Jinzang »

Constitutional homeopathy.
"It's as plain as the nose on your face!" Dottie Primrose
rory

Post by rory »

Hi Dianah;
my father has colitis & like you takes asacol. He's 87 & had 3-4 flare-ups over the years and always beat it.He's also fit, sharp & in good physical shape. One thing you might try is a vegan diet. My dad's basically vegan since he is 70, he cooks vegan at home & eats meat or whatever he wants when going out. This may account for his infrequent bouts, as my mother had irritable bowel syndrome & I too had a precursor of IBS but our vegan diets stopped it dead.

I totally second constitutional homeopathy it eradicated 90% of my allergies, whch were brought on by stress.
Another thing, fun exercise is a great stress reliever. I play badminton with my dad, something fun, not grinding at the gym.
gassho
Rory
Namu Kanzeon Bosatsu
Chih-I:
The Tai-ching states "the women in the realms of Mara, Sakra and Brahma all neither abandoned ( their old) bodies nor received (new) bodies. They all received buddhahood with their current bodies (genshin)" Thus these verses state that the dharma nature is like a great ocean. No right or wrong is preached (within it) Ordinary people and sages are equal, without superiority or inferiority
Paul, Groner "The Lotus Sutra in Japanese Culture"eds. Tanabe p. 58
https://www.tendai-usa.org/
Thrasymachus

Post by Thrasymachus »

How much bread and meat, animal products do you eat? Also how often do you make a bowel movement each day?
emaho

Post by emaho »

This thread is already a bit old, but anyway: licorice root tea is said to be good against colitis.
Licorice Tea: Cleanses the colon; promotes adrenal function; decreases spasms; recommended to treat hypoglycemia, bronchitis, colitis, diverticulosis, gastritis, stress, colds, nausea and inflammation.
Source:

http://www.selfgrowth.com/articles/Binns12.html

Scientifically this isn't proven, but drinking a few cups of licorice tea is not a big risk and definitely worth a try. I've made some good experiences with licorice tea with symptoms that appeared like colitis to me, but I've never consulted a physician with this so I can't tell you for sure. After a few cups of licorice tea my self-diagnosed colitis went away.

Licorice tea is quite cheap and since it's also good against bronchitis having it in the house is never a mistake. Just give it a try.
"I struggled with some demons, They were middle class and tame..." L. Cohen
Simon

Post by Simon »

Turmeric.

Return to “Alternative Health”