ChNNR's Green Tara practice

dakini_boi

ChNNR's Green Tara practice

Post by dakini_boi »

Is this ChNNR's own terma, or the terma of Adzom Drukpa? Thanks!
treehuggingoctopus

Re: ChNNR's Green Tara practice

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

According to the booklet, some mantras are Adzom Drukpa's, and some are His.
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
Pero

Post by Pero »

treehuggingoctopus wrote:According to the booklet, some mantras are Adzom Drukpa's, and some are His.
I think just that very nice invocation is his. But the practice in general is Adzom Drugpa's terma.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

Pero wrote:
treehuggingoctopus wrote:According to the booklet, some mantras are Adzom Drukpa's, and some are His.
I think just that very nice invocation is his. But the practice in general is Adzom Drugpa's terma.
I bow before the greater knowledge of my Vajra sibling :-)
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
dakini_boi

Post by dakini_boi »

Thank you!
Losal Samten

Post by Losal Samten »

Could someone please send me ChNNR's Green Tara text? The DVD from SSI doesn't come with subtitles so I can't quite make out what is being said and the two Tara texts on the webcast's files page don't match up with what's being relayed.

Thanks!
Lacking mindfulness, we commit every wrong. - Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔
ཨོཾ་ཧ་ནུ་པྷ་ཤ་བྷ་ར་ཧེ་ཡེ་སྭཱ་ཧཱ།།
ཨཱོཾ་མ་ཏྲི་མུ་ཡེ་སལེ་འདུ།།
Reibeam
Location: On the Western continent In the mountains close to space

Post by Reibeam »

Here's a Tara question (relates to other deities too though)

In order use action mantras like the 21 Tara ones transmitted by chNN it is often said one has to do a retreat (a few days or a week) and has to accumulate enough of the main mantra.

Although an intensive retreat would be preferred is it acceptable to do two or three months of dedicated daily practice (like a couple hours every day) and accumulate a lot of recitations of the main mantra (100,000 or more) before using the action mantras?

Obviously the main mantra is the most important, but creating the potentiality for the action mantras to function would be beneficial.

practices like Dorje Gotrab are really specific, but Garuda, Tara, etc I am not totally sure.

If anybody could guide me here, I would appreciated it.

Thanks
heart

Post by heart »

Reibeam wrote:Here's a Tara question (relates to other deities too though)

In order use action mantras like the 21 Tara ones transmitted by chNN it is often said one has to do a retreat (a few days or a week) and has to accumulate enough of the main mantra.

Although an intensive retreat would be preferred is it acceptable to do two or three months of dedicated daily practice (like a couple hours every day) and accumulate a lot of recitations of the main mantra (100,000 or more) before using the action mantras?

Obviously the main mantra is the most important, but creating the potentiality for the action mantras to function would be beneficial.

practices like Dorje Gotrab are really specific, but Garuda, Tara, etc I am not totally sure.

Thanks
It is all in the booklet, no? I think you have to do 700.000, which actually isn't that much.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Losal Samten

Post by Losal Samten »

Reibeam wrote:Although an intensive retreat would be preferred is it acceptable to do two or three months of dedicated daily practice (like a couple hours every day) and accumulate a lot of recitations of the main mantra (100,000 or more) before using the action mantras?
Someone else asked him this and he said the only way to know for sure is to try the actions mantras after the requisite accumulation and see if it works or not.
Lacking mindfulness, we commit every wrong. - Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔
ཨོཾ་ཧ་ནུ་པྷ་ཤ་བྷ་ར་ཧེ་ཡེ་སྭཱ་ཧཱ།།
ཨཱོཾ་མ་ཏྲི་མུ་ཡེ་སལེ་འདུ།།
Reibeam

Post by Reibeam »

heart wrote:
Reibeam wrote:Here's a Tara question (relates to other deities too though)

Thanks
It is all in the booklet, no? I think you have to do 700.000, which actually isn't that much.

/magnus
I didn't see a specific number in the booklet I have (there are a couple different ones), but he mentions doing a week retreat as the main condition. If I do the practice diligently perhaps I will find the circumstances for a retreat which will probably happen around recitation 699,999. Your right though, that number isn't really that much.

Thanks Magnus
Emakirikiri wrote:
Reibeam wrote:Although an intensive retreat would be preferred is it acceptable to do two or three months of dedicated daily practice (like a couple hours every day) and accumulate a lot of recitations of the main mantra (100,000 or more) before using the action mantras?
Someone else asked him this and he said the only way to know for sure is to try the actions mantras after the requisite accumulation and see if it works or not.
I figured someone had already asked him, thanks for relaying his response!

Thanks Emakirikiri
Soap-Bubble

Post by Soap-Bubble »

Dear Reibeam, everything depends on your capacity and strength of belief in the mantra. I heard Rinpoche telling a few stories about people who didn't accumulate enough Tara mantra using various action mantras, yet they worked for them. So if you absolutely need an action mantra and you need it right now, I'd say go for it without accumulation. Then if it doesn't work, you can do the accumulation.
a soap-bubble represents radiant emptiness
Reibeam

Post by Reibeam »

Soap-Bubble wrote:Dear Reibeam, everything depends on your capacity and strength of belief in the mantra. I heard Rinpoche telling a few stories about people who didn't accumulate enough Tara mantra using various action mantras, yet they worked for them. So if you absolutely need an action mantra and you need it right now, I'd say go for it without accumulation. Then if it doesn't work, you can do the accumulation.

Thanks Soap! That's a good point, one's intention and focus of energy will be what activates it in the first place. I am also going to focus on the main mantra with the intention of being able have the circumstance to be able to do a retreat for accumulation.

Return to “Dzogchen”