Author of Lujin

Knotty Veneer

Author of Lujin

Post by Knotty Veneer »

I have seen the text of the Kagyu daily Chod practice or Lujin variously attributed to the XIV Karmapa Thekchok Dorje (Lama Lodo), Karma Chakme (Sarah Harding) or Lodro Thaye (Tenga Rinpoche). I understand that a lot of it is compiled from the work of the III Karmapa Rangjung Dorje but who was the actual author/compiler? Anyone know?
This is not the wrong life.
Malcolm

Re: Author of Lujin

Post by Malcolm »

Knotty Veneer wrote:I have seen the text of the Kagyu daily Chod practice or Lujin variously attributed to the XIV Karmapa Thekchok Dorje (Lama Lodo), Karma Chakme (Sarah Harding) or Lodro Thaye (Tenga Rinpoche). I understand that a lot of it is compiled from the work of the III Karmapa Rangjung Dorje but who was the actual author/compiler? Anyone know?

All of them.
Knotty Veneer

Post by Knotty Veneer »

So you're saying the Lujin was initially compiled by Karma Chagme from the works of the III Karmapa and then further edited by the XIV Karmapa and Jamgon Kongtrul. So the original compiler is Karma Chagme but the version we use today in the Karma Kagyu is probably that of Jamgon Kongtrul Lodro Thaye?
This is not the wrong life.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Knotty Veneer wrote:So you're saying the Lujin was initially compiled by Karma Chagme from the works of the III Karmapa and then further edited by the XIV Karmapa and Jamgon Kongtrul. So the original compiler is Karma Chagme but the version we use today in the Karma Kagyu is probably that of Jamgon Kongtrul Lodro Thaye?
Yup. And very likely, Karma Chagme was not the original compiler.
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

Kongtrul put together the text you're referring to, from the other sources you've mentioned.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")

Return to “Chod”