Protective Result

Help required with personal difficulties.
ronnewmexico

Protective Result

Post by ronnewmexico »

I have a close relation who is exposed to many peoples in their line of work.
These people are of the shaministic type, resorting to shamanistic magic as a result of a response to their situaion of inequality discrimination and lack of opportunity.
Some may be quite malignant, and act at times for no known reason. Sickness and even death may occur as result of curse or ceremony to bring curse.

A specific ceremony is present in their faith of protective nature but not of blanket nature. As in if one was to receive a curse one would then seek and receive a cure in ceremony from a spiritual person by participating.

I think a normal protective nature commitment in tibetan buddhism would suffice for this protective isssue.as one aspires to dhama one is protected by dharma.
This is not for me but for other who has this situation.

So.....(long winded)...does anyone know a protective empowerment teaching being given in the southwest perhaps central new mexico, albuquerque, gallup, southern colorado or western arizona. This person is willing and able to establish a commitment.

I have checked locally with no result....so this is a shot in the dark. A month or two time frame would be preferable. As would a two or three day teaching on the weekend.
But this shot I will take :smile:
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.
Konchog1

Re: Protective Result

Post by Konchog1 »

No sorry, but maybe you can recommend Guru Rinpoche's mantra until he finds something.
Equanimity is the ground. Love is the moisture. Compassion is the seed. Bodhicitta is the result.

-Paraphrase of Khensur Rinpoche Lobsang Tsephel citing the Guhyasamaja Tantra

"All memories and thoughts are the union of emptiness and knowing, the Mind.
Without attachment, self-liberating, like a snake in a knot.
Through the qualities of meditating in that way,
Mental obscurations are purified and the dharmakaya is attained."

-Ra Lotsawa, All-pervading Melodious Drumbeats
Nicholas Weeks

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

The Heart mantra is very effective in breaking up negative energies.

OM GATE GATE PARAGATE PARASAMGATE BODHI SVAHA
May all seek, find & follow the Path of Buddhas.
ronnewmexico

Post by ronnewmexico »

Thanks..I have recommended a mantra to her, and provided certain things to hang around her home of a protective nature. My mantra of choice was KIli Kilaya.

I will also recommend those particular mantras as suggested and thank you for your offers of suggestion, and elicit more suggestions of that nature.. but I think perhaps this is more involved.
These peoples are quite adept in the malignant shaminstic practices. A lot of time on their hands with perceived enemies few and hard to see directly...so they may have much energy to devote to one directly seen and known.
They may take even friend as enemy so misshapen are they at times by circumstance.
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.
Konchog1

Post by Konchog1 »

ronnewmexico wrote:Thanks..I have recommended a mantra to her, and provided certain things to hang around her home of a protective nature. My mantra of choice was KIli Kilaya.

I will also recommend those particular mantras as suggested and thank you for your offers of suggestion, and elicit more suggestions of that nature.. but I think perhaps this is more involved.
These peoples are quite adept in the malignant shaminstic practices. A lot of time on their hands with perceived enemies few and hard to see directly...so they may have much energy to devote to one directly seen and known.
They may take even friend as enemy so misshapen are they at times by circumstance.
I would recommend Black Manjushri or Simhamukha but one needs Empowerment. Maybe you could do it for her if you have the Empowerments?
Equanimity is the ground. Love is the moisture. Compassion is the seed. Bodhicitta is the result.

ronnewmexico

Post by ronnewmexico »

No, I am certainly no teacher. I have certain empowerments but don't by any means feel confident enough to teach anyone.
Do a personal ceremony of sorts.....perhaps I could do that with them, if no teaching is available....so if that is what you mean.... :smile: yes with no responses for a teaching I could perhaps do that, as well as offer those mantras suggested .... that may be more along the lines of what is needed.
I may do that, I personally am well protected to a almost laughable extent it seems at times. I do hold a commitment ....hadn't thought of that approach. Makes sense though.

good idea. Can't hurt. Not that I can tell.
Do my protective ceremony/meditation...with her as participant, accompanying me.....seems it would work.
Konchog1

Post by Konchog1 »

ronnewmexico wrote:No, I am certainly no teacher. I have certain empowerments but don't by any means feel confident enough to teach anyone.
Do a personal ceremony of sorts.....perhaps I could do that with them, if no teaching is available....so if that is what you mean.... :smile: yes with no responses for a teaching I could perhaps do that, as well as offer those mantras suggested .... that may be more along the lines of what is needed.
I may do that, I personally am well protected to a almost laughable extent it seems at times. I do hold a commitment ....hadn't thought of that approach. Makes sense though.

good idea. Can't hurt. Not that I can tell.
Do my protective ceremony/meditation...with her as participant, accompanying me.....seems it would work.
Yeah, sorry for being unclear. I meant pujas in her house and so forth.

ronnewmexico

Post by ronnewmexico »

If that would work, that this may be done....this board again serves great purpose :smile: .
I wonder at times why I am on it.
And I may get a report of a teaching and not have to do that at all.
So I keep hoping for that, but am glad this serves purpose.
If no other replies to the negative or of teachings, this next weekend I will do exactly that.
Nicholas Weeks

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

This mantra is the most powerful and is designed specifically to end any magical attack:

Bodhisattva Hsuan Hua comments:
Demons also have spiritual penetrations and mantras which they use. When you recite your mantras, they recite their mantras. But if you can use the Shurangama Mantra, you can smash through all their mantras. I’ve told you before about the section of the Mantra which is for smashing the demon kings. It also is effective in destroying their mantras and spells. Although I’ve taught you this already, it bears repeating here. Those who have not studied this yet can take note of it. Why was it that as soon as the Shurangama Mantra was recited the Former Brahma Heaven Mantra lost its effectiveness? It was because of the “Five Great Heart Mantras.”
Chr Two Ni
E Jya La
Mi Li Ju
Bwo Li Dan La Ye
Ning Jye Li
These five lines are called the “Five Great Heart Mantras.” It is the fundamental mantra for destroying the mantras and spells of the heavenly demons and adherents of externalist ways. It doesn’t matter what kind of mantra they come up with; you can destroy it with this one. Their mantras will lose their effectiveness.
ronnewmexico

Post by ronnewmexico »

Thanks will, I assume that took a bit of work to come up with.
I am thusly becoming inspired and prepared to engage this thing with weapons of various and sundry sort.
Some expected and known some unexpected and unfamiliar.
Thngs never happen by chance so I suspect it will all serve purpose.

At one time I would engage such things as perceived spells incantations or cureses. Search them out find them squash them and be done with them.
At this time I generally just avoid them...but at this time this thing is also presented at my door and hence must be dealt with in the most expedious fashion.

So I thank you and others. Prepared I and thusly other, she will be.
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

ronnewmexico wrote: So.....(long winded)...does anyone know a protective empowerment teaching being given in the southwest perhaps central new mexico, albuquerque, gallup, southern colorado or western arizona. This person is willing and able to establish a commitment.

I have checked locally with no result....so this is a shot in the dark. A month or two time frame would be preferable. As would a two or three day teaching on the weekend.
First off I would certainly NOT recommend anyone recite the Vajrakilaya mantra without empowerment or transmission from a qualified Lama. If you want her to do any mantra right away make sure it is one that is open and does not require transmission in advance. The Vajra Guru mantra and the Seven Line Prayer are both of vast benefit including protection of all kinds and don't need transmission, although of course wang or lung is preferable and will bring more blessings. Connecting to Guru Rinpoche through his mantra or Seven Line Prayer will also connect you to all of the powerful protectors he bound under oath or who are wisdom emanations of his mind.

Secondly, in Chino Valley Arizona there is Garchen Rinpoche's institute and he is one of the great living masters of our time. Coming soon he will be giving empowerment and teaching, including the Shitro empowerment of the peaceful and wrathful Buddhas, which includes the vast array of central Yidams in the Nyingma lineage, with all the protection they afford and with the protectors that are connected to them, not just for this life but for the in-between after death as well. He could also be consulted with directly about the situation for specific advice. http://www.garchen.net/

December 31 (9am – noon): Amitabha Empowerment, with H.E. Garchen Rinpoche
December 31 (2pm – 5pm), January 1-2 (9am – 5pm): Phowa teachings/practice, with H.E. Garchen Rinpoche
January 3 (9am – noon): Shitro Empowerment, with H.E. Garchen Rinpoche
January 3 (2pm – 5pm), January 4-5 (9am – 5pm): Bardo teachings, with H.E. Garchen Rinpoche

General Information
For information regarding
reservations, fundraising or
any miscellaneous inquiries.
Garchen Buddhist Institute
Attn: Administration
Post Office Box 4318
Chino Valley, Arizona
86323-4318 U.S.A.
Telephone: 928.925.1237
e-Mail:[email protected]

I realize this is not WESTERN Arizona but it is worth the effort of driving the extra miles to connect to a great master like Garchen Rinpoche, especially for someone in your friends situation and who is new to Dharma.

Aside from that, months from now when the spring and summer are again upon us I highly recommend travelling to meet the great Bhakha Tulku Rinpoche at the Zuni Mountain retreat center he established with powerful Drollo Stupa not too far from Albuquerque: http://www.zunimountainstupa.org/home.html
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
ronnewmexico

Post by ronnewmexico »

Thanks A
for your opinion and information.
urgyen yeshe

Post by urgyen yeshe »

I would certainly recommend the Guru Rinpoche Heart Mantra that does not require any empowerment, although having one would be a best case scenario. The recomendation by our friends here are fine but some of them may need empowerment before we are empowered to chant them. Vajrakilaya and Sengdongma (Lion-Faced Dakini) are powerful but they need empowerment.

Chant the mantra as many time as posible infront of a pix of Guru Rinpoche ( the pix of "LOOK LIKE ME") fervently, staring the pix with great faith and beg Guru Rinpoche to clear any obstacles one is facing. The supplication must be done with a ultra deep sense of devotion, faith and belief (like tears flowing). The invocation of Guru Rinpoche to clear obstacles is just as powerful.

Dedicate the merits to the Dharma realms to close the loop. Where possible do a simple animal liberation and ensure that the animals are properly released into the environment in which they live!!!

"With Guru Rinpoche We are never alone"

Urgyen Yeshe
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

They should make a point to attend the next open webcast of ChNN.
ronnewmexico wrote:I have a close relation who is exposed to many peoples in their line of work.
These people are of the shaministic type, resorting to shamanistic magic as a result of a response to their situaion of inequality discrimination and lack of opportunity.
Some may be quite malignant, and act at times for no known reason. Sickness and even death may occur as result of curse or ceremony to bring curse.

A specific ceremony is present in their faith of protective nature but not of blanket nature. As in if one was to receive a curse one would then seek and receive a cure in ceremony from a spiritual person by participating.

I think a normal protective nature commitment in tibetan buddhism would suffice for this protective isssue.as one aspires to dhama one is protected by dharma.
This is not for me but for other who has this situation.

So.....(long winded)...does anyone know a protective empowerment teaching being given in the southwest perhaps central new mexico, albuquerque, gallup, southern colorado or western arizona. This person is willing and able to establish a commitment.

Nicholas Weeks

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

What is result of your relation's protective practices so far?

Forgot to mention that if she does the practice or mantra, it is more effective than someone else - excepting an advanced yogi.
Blue Garuda

Post by Blue Garuda »

There are several practices which may be useful:

Firesword of Black Garuda
Threefold Wrathful One (Vajrapani Hayagriva Garuda)

(Both on my website www,bluegaruda.com)

Without empowerments one is restricted, but the Heart Sutra is recommended - the claps at the end dismiss spirits and other potentially harmful influences.
Left
ronnewmexico

Post by ronnewmexico »

Her main priority at he present time is to remediate the current problem (which may be related to the overall issue) through medical means.
This amounts to a laser surgery of some sort, as drug therapy seems insufficient. So that is the number one priority.

Longer term I am considering the various options...now a local person has also contacted me with some things available.....and expect after the christian holidays I will offer my specific suggestion to her, and follow up. It depends a bit on if the surgery is successful. If not.... a simply medically oriented remedy, at the prestent time, such as medicine buddha may be most appropriate. If it is... to prevent further problems I intend to examine the various options available here and also locally, and ask her also what she would prefer.

Thanks for your suggestion it will be helpful, and for all those that have offered suggestion also.

In the interium I have, as mentioned.... provided her certain things. ONe of those mentioned..... but I did not specifiy correctly(but probably should have) is to give her the mantra of Klli KIlaya,(simply carrying it with one to my experience protects one a bit) and some other little things to bring protective effect. I have several of those things, some, I have not yet given her. It seems unconventional.... but simply carrying things or wearing certain things, providing things at a entrance perhaps.... provides benefit, this is found in tibetan buddhism in some forms. I have certain tattoos to that effect(approved by a lama :smile:) , And I have given her a herbto injest.

I have assumed the mantra,Will, you mention has not a specific empowerment requirement, but wanted to ask you any particulars about that. I know some things are just OK for everyone and some are meant for those with a bit of spiritual experience.
Of course if you do not have time I will just explore it on the internet. But if you have the time it would be helpful to expound upon that.
Little things she can do... but as she is so pressed for time(having none to spare) a real investment of time is not possible.
BG..thanks I will look also at those things.

So it is a work in progress...that is where is stands right now. Thanks for your interest.

I have not done my protective ceremony with her in attendence as I have not decided to do that yet. I may but may not.
If she wants that I will. Most is this is her choice in things with only my suggestion.
Which mantra she practices.... I will make a decision what seems most appropriate from what is in part mentioned here.
Nicholas Weeks

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

Ron,

I am no expert in mantric use, but I am confident that the five line mantra from the Shurangama mantra will help her. All she needs to know is that her calm, deliberate recitation of such a wonderful & powerful mantra will protect her and destroy any bad magic used against her.

Never mind her (or your) worries about the pronunciation of it. It can and should be memorized and become a constant background to her life for as long as she feels threatened. Oral use is good, (no bellowing though) whether whispered or vocal; silent mental recitation is even better. No need for speed, just have her put her heart into each syllable.

If you show her a color picture of Bodhisattva Hsuan Hua (many fine ones online) and she reacts positively, then encourage her to pray to him for help & protection before each mantra session.

I see no reason to dawdle; one deliberate recitation takes only 4 or 5 seconds - start now.
ronnewmexico

Post by ronnewmexico »

Thanks Will...it is not for me but her. i have my practice. For her I must have the time to tell her about it and this thing.
My backround is enough that I may explain it, I think, to her, as you describe.

As you describe it sounds it may be a good fit as her schedule is impossibly tight.
When I meet with her...... which will be in about a week or so.

Personally I sing most of my mantras given the choice....some may describe that as bellowing I'd guess :crying: but me I call it singing.
But she would I'd guess just say it.
ronnewmexico

Post by ronnewmexico »

Ahhhh...the reason I am here on this board.

I was once many years ago with my favorite dog of the day. In the forest at a unremarkable place this dog found a golf ball. Burying the golf ball at the root of a tree, the dog stopped paused just a bit and looked me in the eye. It then concluded its chore and we went on our way. Ten or fifteen years later the dog long dead replaced by others some of whom have also come and gone I was walking in the forest. Inexplicably I stopped at a tree found a dead bit of stump, pulled at this stump, found it pulled quickly away and found...yes..golf ball popping out. Then I remembered the dog who looked me in the eye.

So a story told and not finished I now remember why I am here...and it is not to exchange ideas with other bozos about things not I nor they really know about, but because I have now remembered this golf ball. Such is my life and world filed with such things as golf ball and dog. The collective unconscious some may call it, karmic mover I may call it.

The woman described did indeed find herself amongst a group led by a Native Shaman, to no good effect. Was this a portend of future event now presenting....who knows...my world has dribs and drabs of future into present past into present and these things all the time...so who knows.
But yes...surrounded by such she became. Ready to run lock stock and barrel away with family leaving perhaps the state and all the rest children schools and things liked left behind.

No I advised her to not run but stand and fight. Ignorant peoples we cannot let them push us from our things, we may loose but we must be true to our hearts. The true test is not in what is lost or won but that we have the heart the heart to fight.
So she did. Stood her ground. I gave her some physical things to place around, advised her to bring it to their attention she was taking protective means and to say Wills protective mantra every day.

So the result. To my experience these things always do not end decisively but peter out. This seems to be doing so. Any related health problems seem to be in a setting state, not getting better nor worse so not much of a worry. A new job with more pay and a speciality a advancement of sorts. Children and all seem good.
She had taken the time to communicate with these peoples to bring them perhaps to more productive positive ways to act(quite remarkable that). And seems to be making some slight progress.

So it is ended this will peter out.

The golf ball...thank you all who have helped. I consider myself to be a buddha to be. Not in this life certainly but to be. This may not be presumptuous as I consider all being to eventually reach buddhahood...it is inevitable.
So as such anyone helping me is helping the buddha before he became enlightened. Imagine being in a position to do so....what more remarkably fortunate karma could exist than that opportunity. Ah to live with the being that was the buddha and help him even so slightly on his or her way...remarkable.
So to my experience all that do help me in even the slightest fashion have remarkably fortunate things happen to them.
So for those that have helped expect this will happen...I expect it will.

Thank you, my golf ball now found glint of eye in dog remembered...we must go our own ways.

Not important this to any perhaps not read by any, but some did take the time to help. so you are repaid in a slight fashion.
Dog long gone, wind through trees leaves rustling all reduced perhaps to dust, all in all not much to see here. Such are all things and events of human.
This a true story of heart, developing one.
Confidence and strength now in this one grows..in that very heart.
Loose or win...she has won.
Never run show them the way if possible if not nothing in the end is lost....all if found.

the buddha was born in his life as a warrior no shaman priest nor peaceful person that.
So we must have the qualities as a warrior..... heart, to abide with our practice.
Though peace and compassion be that practice.
Heart it is that rides these things on. Strong capable confident hearts, that know no fear.

Ah wind and dust nothing remains..such it always is nothing remains.

Return to “Help Required”