Buddhism Across Boundaries

A forum for those wishing to discuss Buddhist history and teachings in the Western academic manner, referencing appropriate sources.
Huseng
Former staff member

Buddhism Across Boundaries

Post by Huseng »

Buddhism Across Boundaries The Interplay of Indian, Chinese, and Central Asian Source Materials

Edited by John R. McRae and Jan Nattier

http://sino-platonic.org/complete/spp22 ... ddhism.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A number of articles on the complex relationship of textual transmission throughout Asia.
Huifeng

Re: Buddhism Across Boundaries

Post by Huifeng »

When this announcement was made, I had a little chuckle. I was just speaking to Ven. Tzu Hui last night in Taibei, and we got on the subject of conferences. She mentioned that the Fo Guang Shan Foundation for Buddhist and Culture Education has produced a journal of conferences every year, except the one year when she asked John McRae to help organize it at Hsi Lai Temple in LA. Then, just today, the announcement came out of this edition. While it's the Sino-Platonic Papers for 2012, note that "The book Buddhism Across Boundaries was the outcome of the presentation of the conference held in January 1993 at Hsi Lai Temple." (pg. iv, Foreword). Oh well, better late than never, haha!

~~ Huifeng
Jnana

Re: Buddhism Across Boundaries

Post by Jnana »

Huseng wrote:A number of articles on the complex relationship of textual transmission throughout Asia.
Thnx. I was just looking at a couple of things about Buddhism in Khotan the other day.

Return to “Academic Discussion”