Search found 751 matches

by emaho
Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:31 am
Forum: Media
Topic: Music time
Replies: 2301
Views: 179749

Re: Music time

I never successfully translated the lyrics to the Gladiator theme song. So much for Latin class. it's a fantasy language ;) http://www.filmtracks.com/comments/titles/gladiator/index.cgi?read=904&expand=1 Lyrics: http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/gladiator/nowwearefree.htm Artist: Lisa Gerrard Lyrics S...
by emaho
Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:52 pm
Forum: Gelug
Topic: A question on malas
Replies: 14
Views: 1705

Re: A question on malas

Where do you get good counters that don't fail after 50 to 60k? Not quite sure if I understand what you mean by "fail". If the rings don't stay where they should you can simply restring the counters. I'm using the kind of thread that's used for embroidering . It's quite thin which is an advantage, ...
by emaho
Fri May 25, 2018 7:36 am
Forum: Lounge
Topic: Guess who said this?
Replies: 29
Views: 1092

Re: Guess who said this?

Oops, yes, I meant if you understand god as a person or not.
by emaho
Fri May 25, 2018 7:27 am
Forum: Lounge
Topic: Guess who said this?
Replies: 29
Views: 1092

Re: Guess who said this?

I guess it runs down to the question if you have a personal or non-personal understanding of god.
by emaho
Fri May 25, 2018 6:42 am
Forum: Lounge
Topic: Guess who said this?
Replies: 29
Views: 1092

Re: Guess who said this?

smcj wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 6:33 am
“Buddha” is the primordial essence appearing as a human without any obscurations.
Funny you say that, because for me that is exactly the reason why he could not be equated with God, I think the analog to God is rather the primordial essence :smile:
by emaho
Fri May 25, 2018 6:12 am
Forum: Lounge
Topic: Guess who said this?
Replies: 29
Views: 1092

Re: Guess who said this?

Anyways, I suspect that if Situ R. was to anonymously post here he would be shot down as not knowing what he was talking about. Just sayin' Doesn't need much fantasy to imagine that :smile: What I meant to say is just that I don't really see what sense it makes to equate Buddha and God. If he had s...
by emaho
Thu May 24, 2018 9:32 am
Forum: Lounge
Topic: Guess who said this?
Replies: 29
Views: 1092

Re: Guess who said this?

I would have guessed Eckardt Tolle, because I find the idea of equating Buddha and God completely misguided....
by emaho
Sun May 20, 2018 2:12 am
Forum: Dzogchen
Topic: Quote by ChNNR about Dzogchen and God - where is it from?
Replies: 443
Views: 15999

Re: Quote by ChNNR about Dzogchen and God - where is it from?

And thus begins the program of interpreting sūtras and tantras according to what one wishes they said Malcolm, when I have to choose whom I trust, either you or the realized Tibetan masters from whom I have received teachings on phowa and the bardo, I choose the realized Tibetan masters. Deal with ...
by emaho
Sat May 19, 2018 11:47 pm
Forum: Dzogchen
Topic: Quote by ChNNR about Dzogchen and God - where is it from?
Replies: 443
Views: 15999

Re: Quote by ChNNR about Dzogchen and God - where is it from?

Maybe you can choose a precious human birth once you're in Amitabha's pure land? Or maybe a day in a pure land equals 100 years (or whatever timespan) in a human rebirth in the sense that in a day there you develop as much as you would have in 100 years as a human. Chhimed Rigdzin Rinpoche used to ...
by emaho
Sat May 19, 2018 10:33 pm
Forum: Dzogchen
Topic: Quote by ChNNR about Dzogchen and God - where is it from?
Replies: 443
Views: 15999

Re: Quote by ChNNR about Dzogchen and God - where is it from?

All that was stated was that it will take millions of human years to attain buddhahood once one is reborn there, if one is an ordinary person. I understood you very clearly. And that is what I refuse to believe because it doesn't make sense. If you have the alternative of gaining liberation in a co...
by emaho
Sat May 19, 2018 9:05 pm
Forum: Dzogchen
Topic: Quote by ChNNR about Dzogchen and God - where is it from?
Replies: 443
Views: 15999

Re: Quote by ChNNR about Dzogchen and God - where is it from?

Sorry guys, but all teachers from whom I have received Phowa and Bardo teachings agree that being led to a pure land is favourable to a human rebirth, including the passage by Thrangu Rinpoche I've quoted earlier: When we are about to be reborn and enter a new existence, it is best to close the door...
by emaho
Sat May 19, 2018 6:52 pm
Forum: Dzogchen
Topic: Quote by ChNNR about Dzogchen and God - where is it from?
Replies: 443
Views: 15999

Re: Quote by ChNNR about Dzogchen and God - where is it from?

Then why would any Buddhist aspire to go there?
by emaho
Sat May 19, 2018 6:30 pm
Forum: Dzogchen
Topic: Quote by ChNNR about Dzogchen and God - where is it from?
Replies: 443
Views: 15999

Re: Quote by ChNNR about Dzogchen and God - where is it from?

Malcolm wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 5:13 pm
Yes, after millions and millions of human years have gone by.
Why would it take millions and millions of years?
by emaho
Sat May 19, 2018 5:00 pm
Forum: Dzogchen
Topic: Quote by ChNNR about Dzogchen and God - where is it from?
Replies: 443
Views: 15999

Re: Quote by ChNNR about Dzogchen and God - where is it from?

Virgo wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 5:42 am
Motova wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 5:25 am

What about phowa?
That's only going to a pure land, that is not being liberated.
Yes, but the main reason you want to go to a pure land is not that it's some kind of spiritual Disneyland where you can enjoy yourself, it's because that's where you'll reach enlightenment.
by emaho
Sat May 19, 2018 4:30 am
Forum: Dzogchen
Topic: Quote by ChNNR about Dzogchen and God - where is it from?
Replies: 443
Views: 15999

Re: Quote by ChNNR about Dzogchen and God - where is it from?

The idea that one can be saved by another is an externalist, eternalist, theistic view. It is not compatible with the Buddha's teachings. ??? Praying to enlightened beings to lead you to a pure land while you're in the bardo is one of the standard teachings in Tibetan Buddhism. See for instance thi...
by emaho
Sat May 19, 2018 12:24 am
Forum: Dzogchen
Topic: Quote by ChNNR about Dzogchen and God - where is it from?
Replies: 443
Views: 15999

Re: Quote by ChNNR about Dzogchen and God - where is it from?

The idea that one can be saved by another is an externalist, eternalist, theistic view. It is not compatible with the Buddha's teachings. ??? Praying to enlightened beings to lead you to a pure land while you're in the bardo is one of the standard teachings in Tibetan Buddhism. See for instance thi...
by emaho
Fri May 18, 2018 11:21 pm
Forum: Dzogchen
Topic: Quote by ChNNR about Dzogchen and God - where is it from?
Replies: 443
Views: 15999

Re: Quote by ChNNR about Dzogchen and God - where is it from?

Shame about the piggies however. If you believe that Jesus is an enlightened being you will also have no problem to assume that he knew what he was doing when he exorcised the demons and drove them into the pigs, just like you trust that Tilopa knew what he was doing when he fried living fish on a ...
by emaho
Wed May 16, 2018 11:36 pm
Forum: Media
Topic: Music time
Replies: 2301
Views: 179749

Re: Music time

The Otche Nash/Prayer of the Lord from Rachmaninoffs Liturgy of St. Chrysostomos:



:smile:

If listening to Russian-Orthodox music was a way to liberation I'd already be there... ;)
by emaho
Wed May 16, 2018 11:24 pm
Forum: Dzogchen
Topic: Quote by ChNNR about Dzogchen and God - where is it from?
Replies: 443
Views: 15999

Re: Quote by ChNNR about Dzogchen and God - where is it from?

Virgo wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:18 pm
Oh my gummybears.
Now that of course is the argument that changes everything for me :twothumbsup:

Amen and good night my friends :smile:
by emaho
Wed May 16, 2018 10:49 pm
Forum: Dzogchen
Topic: Quote by ChNNR about Dzogchen and God - where is it from?
Replies: 443
Views: 15999

Re: Quote by ChNNR about Dzogchen and God - where is it from?

How is it polemic? I am pretty sure it is consistent with the descriptions of the bardo in Vajrayana. It's polemic because Christians have forms of mind training, too. They have prayers, meditations, contemplations, confessions and whatnot. Of course there are differences to Buddhist mind training,...

Go to advanced search