Search found 9904 matches

by Grigoris
Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:03 pm
Forum: Nyingma
Topic: The Aro Authenticity Debate.
Replies: 25
Views: 587

Re: What it means to be a ngakpa

So you need to put yourself in their place, and see how things feel from their point of view, and frankly, stop being so unkind to them with your self-righteous denunciations. Just as you cannot prove the validity of your tradition, you also cannot prove their tradition is false. You taking a cut o...
by Grigoris
Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:32 pm
Forum: Nyingma
Topic: What it means to be a ngakpa
Replies: 176
Views: 3077

Re: What it means to be a ngakpa

DGA wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:04 pm
or is it an empowerment (with samaya to observe)?
^^^This^^^ in the Dudjom Tersar.
by Grigoris
Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:25 pm
Forum: Nyingma
Topic: What it means to be a ngakpa
Replies: 176
Views: 3077

Re: What it means to be a ngakpa

Mantrik wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:02 pm
Of course defining yourself by a narrow set of criteria is a limitation. Taking vows is a limitation.
Hello! Vows in Vajrayana are liberatory. Remember?
by Grigoris
Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:27 pm
Forum: Nyingma
Topic: What it means to be a ngakpa
Replies: 176
Views: 3077

Re: What it means to be a ngakpa

Mantrik wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:48 am
I don't know, but I'm guessing ChNN doesn't use the Ngakpa label for his followers because it immediately creates limitations. Perhaps that's best.
Limitations??? Anyway, I guess you should just follow your teacher's advice and I should follow mine and that way we will all be happy.
by Grigoris
Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:14 pm
Forum: Nyingma
Topic: What it means to be a ngakpa
Replies: 176
Views: 3077

Re: What it means to be a ngakpa

Latin chanting? Lol :tongue: I've been to Portuguese Catholic masses and never have I heard chanting in Latin... Robes, Saints and candles though yes, and many of them. That is because you are too young. Originally the mass was chanted in Latin in all countries, if I remember correctly it was only ...
by Grigoris
Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:04 am
Forum: Prayers and Aspirations
Topic: Prayer for Aurelia
Replies: 8
Views: 148

Re: Prayer for Aurelia

May all beings suffering from distress leading to self-destruction be liberated from their pain, by whatever means are necessary.
by Grigoris
Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:58 am
Forum: Prayers and Aspirations
Topic: Prayer for Aurelia
Replies: 8
Views: 148

Re: Prayer for Aurelia

Neither you, nor I am dying soon (at least with this kind of certain foreknowledge.) I really feel bad for this girl, and yea.. she is a girl, she's 28, and she is going to give up on life. I wish I could speak to her before she did this, and relate to her my own experiences with the same issues. I...
by Grigoris
Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:52 am
Forum: Tibetan Buddhism
Topic: New Rigpa letter
Replies: 80
Views: 2434

Re: New Rigpa letter

If one”s own vision of all phenomena is not pure in every way, tellling other people to practice pure vision is pure hypocrisy, whether or not one is a teacher. I'm sorry, but did you just call Shenphen Dawa Rinpoche a hypocrite? Are you saying that only a Buddha can practice pure vision? Surely on...
by Grigoris
Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:04 pm
Forum: Nyingma
Topic: The Aro Authenticity Debate.
Replies: 25
Views: 587

Re: What it means to be a ngakpa

:D Come on Malcolm. Ok, just for a sport of it, I have one name for you: Aro Khyungchen Lingma - the originator of the terma, a lady who apparently lived in Tibet of Chogyam's imagination, in other words there is no lineage to this stuff. If you have doubts that Chogyam is teaching a load of BS, ch...
by Grigoris
Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:53 pm
Forum: Tibetan Buddhism
Topic: New Rigpa letter
Replies: 80
Views: 2434

Re: New Rigpa letter

Are we? No, we aren't. If you don't expose and remove dry rot, then your whole edifice collapses. If you expose it and remove it, the strength is retained and you can build on it. Again I agree. But what I see happening is that every time a teacher mentions the Vajrayana practice of pure vision... ...
by Grigoris
Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:51 pm
Forum: Prayers and Aspirations
Topic: Prayer for Aurelia
Replies: 8
Views: 148

Re: Prayer for Aurelia

May Tara and many bodhisattvas & buddhas clarify her mind quickly! :bow: :bow: :bow: People suicide (assisted or not) every day, so why are we praying for her in particular? Is she a friend of yours? OM MANI PEME HUNG Isn't because she's suffering a good enough reason? You are suffering too. And so...
by Grigoris
Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:49 pm
Forum: Tibetan Buddhism
Topic: New Rigpa letter
Replies: 80
Views: 2434

Re: New Rigpa letter

Malcolm wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:16 pm
I'm not trying to convince you of anything, I am just disagreeing with you and stating my viewpoint. You can like it, lump it, or ignore it, but resorting to ad hom logical fallacies in an attempt to negate it, is pretty weak and petty.
by Grigoris
Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:46 pm
Forum: Tibetan Buddhism
Topic: New Rigpa letter
Replies: 80
Views: 2434

Re: New Rigpa letter

Surely 'depth of awareness' doesn't just mean information. I got the clear impression that he was basically trying to lead towards the advice, which I will state as an ad absurdum, that a female student should still regard her Guru as a Buddha and keep quiet about it while he is repeatedly raping h...
by Grigoris
Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:18 pm
Forum: Nyingma
Topic: What it means to be a ngakpa
Replies: 176
Views: 3077

Re: What it means to be a ngakpa

No he doesnt. The Doc Togden name is a joke which came about because he claimed (as a joke) to be the reincarnation of Doc Holliday of OK Corral fame. If we are going to become indignant about Dharma practitioners who are not to our taste lets at least not make stuff up. There are videos out there ...
by Grigoris
Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:17 pm
Forum: Tibetan Buddhism
Topic: New Rigpa letter
Replies: 80
Views: 2434

Re: New Rigpa letter

Malcolm wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:08 pm
Of course you don't agree Greg. You never do, about anything.
Instead of engaging in ad hom logic fallacies, something which you are doing with increasing frequency nowadays, why don't you just come up with a counter to my interpretation? Why don't you try proving my interpretation wrong?
by Grigoris
Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:54 pm
Forum: Prayers and Aspirations
Topic: Prayer for Aurelia
Replies: 8
Views: 148

Re: Prayer for Aurelia

The Netherlands RTL news published an article on yesterday about a 29 year-old woman who was approved for euthanasia for psychiatric reasons. Her euthanasia death by lethal injection is scheduled for January 26. The article states (google translated): Sarah has no terminal illness, but knows that s...
by Grigoris
Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:42 pm
Forum: Nyingma
Topic: What it means to be a ngakpa
Replies: 176
Views: 3077

Re: What it means to be a ngakpa

Malcolm wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:36 am
And I have observed in the past that the Aro crew is most likely having more fun than we are...
I don't know dude, but the idea of hanging out (literally) naked with the two people in the Aro photo, is hardly my idea of having fun. :tongue:
by Grigoris
Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:37 pm
Forum: Tibetan Buddhism
Topic: New Rigpa letter
Replies: 80
Views: 2434

Re: New Rigpa letter

This is a blanket statement that only people with clairvoyance have the right to exercise judgement about teachers not their own. I think this is one major point people find unconvincing. I disagree because he states: "...the depth of awareness or clairvoyance..." (emphasis is mine). I take this to...
by Grigoris
Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:40 pm
Forum: Tibetan Buddhism
Topic: New Rigpa letter
Replies: 80
Views: 2434

Re: New Rigpa letter

Malcolm wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:27 pm
I don't think that particular point is what people find unconvincing.
That is what I felt as being the main thrust of the letter. Is there something I missed?
by Grigoris
Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:31 pm
Forum: Tibetan Buddhism
Topic: New Rigpa letter
Replies: 80
Views: 2434

Re: New Rigpa letter

A message from Shenphen Dawa Rinpoche that seems to be referring to the current kerfuffle: https://www.facebook.com/groups/dudjomrimpoche/permalink/954458854709277/ Do any DW-ers find this convincing? I do not. Please help me understand how this is convincing. related discussion: https://dharmawhee...