Search found 2792 matches

by Virgo
Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:51 am
Forum: Dzogchen
Topic: Lazy people should just give up, right?
Replies: 265
Views: 16845

Re: Lazy people should just give up, right?

I was making a joke because at this point in the thread the blunt suggestion to "read ChNN's books" seemed a little absurd to me. Perhaps I am presenting myself as just that much of a n00b, though. I really think it is beneficial for any of his students, or any students of Dzogchen in general, to r...
by Virgo
Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:33 am
Forum: Tibetan Buddhism
Topic: Tantric sexual bliss vs. dhyanic bliss
Replies: 69
Views: 9656

Re: Tantric sexual bliss vs. dhyanic bliss

(which contradicts the idea that advanced dhyanas are free of mental images) Which dhyanas? Supramundane? As far as I know supramundane dhyanas are non-conceptual but all mundane ones are conceptual. But you would have to ask Namdrol. Namdrol is an expert on the Kosa. I am not an expert on anything...
by Virgo
Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:21 am
Forum: Dzogchen
Topic: Lazy people should just give up, right?
Replies: 265
Views: 16845

Re: Lazy people should just give up, right?

padma norbu wrote: Please stop telling me to read ChNN's books. I have read them and I have thought long and hard about the crystal and the mirror analogies as well as heard them explained numerous times.
I thought you said earlier that you hadn't read any?

Kevin
by Virgo
Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:20 am
Forum: Dzogchen
Topic: Lazy people should just give up, right?
Replies: 265
Views: 16845

Re: Lazy people should just give up, right?

Bullshit. You are grasping at me grasping at something. Dharmakaya includes the Sambhogakaya and Nirmanakaya. Read ChNN's books, where he describes crystal balls and so on. Kevin Please stop telling me to read ChNN's books. I am just trying to help. You say your practice isn't going well. The root ...
by Virgo
Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:17 am
Forum: Dzogchen
Topic: Lazy people should just give up, right?
Replies: 265
Views: 16845

Re: Lazy people should just give up, right?

padma norbu wrote:
Bullshit. You are grasping at me grasping at something. Dharmakaya includes the Sambhogakaya and Nirmanakaya.
Read ChNN's books, where he describes crystal balls and so on.

Kevin
by Virgo
Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:14 am
Forum: Dzogchen
Topic: Lazy people should just give up, right?
Replies: 265
Views: 16845

Re: Lazy people should just give up, right?

That statement is bullsh*t in fact since all reification occurs within dharmakaya Bullshit. You are grasping the "dharmakaya". It's a good conceptual framework of course, but the dharmakaya has no essential essence, and does not arise. So no shit exists and it exists nowhere. Kevin Bullshit. You ar...
by Virgo
Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:09 am
Forum: Dzogchen
Topic: Lazy people should just give up, right?
Replies: 265
Views: 16845

Re: Lazy people should just give up, right?

In addition to gravitating toward Dzogchen and Namkhai Norbue so that I might acquire a longer, girthier dong and vast sums of money, I have also never read one of ChNN's books. I don't know if it will effect your manly status, but I think it will answer a lot of the questions you have, and speak t...
by Virgo
Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:16 am
Forum: Dzogchen
Topic: Lazy people should just give up, right?
Replies: 265
Views: 16845

Re: Lazy people should just give up, right?

I am involved in Dzogchen because I want to see change. If this is "lust for result" clinging, as someone will surely say it is, then wtf are we doing here? You really can't have it both ways. You can't pretend like you don't care about achieving the fruit of the path and then care at the same time...
by Virgo
Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:48 am
Forum: Dzogchen
Topic: Lazy people should just give up, right?
Replies: 265
Views: 16845

Re: Lazy people should just give up, right?

Anyway, good advice, guys. Thanks for caring. :twothumbsup: Our energy can be effected by many things. You don't have to be a health nut but avoid too much junk. Try not to stay up late. Only reason I do is because of my job-- I usually work a later shift, but my shift actually changes all the time...
by Virgo
Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:42 am
Forum: Dzogchen
Topic: Lazy people should just give up, right?
Replies: 265
Views: 16845

Re: Lazy people should just give up, right?

Lazy people have a hindrance. Hyped people have a hindrance. We have many hindrances. Otherwise we wouldn't need to practice. Laziness is a problem until one finds bliss in meditation. Then bliss is a problem if one gets attached to it. We will always find obstacles to overcome. We need to recogniz...
by Virgo
Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:33 am
Forum: Dzogchen
Topic: Lazy people should just give up, right?
Replies: 265
Views: 16845

Re: Lazy people should just give up, right?

Yes, I think part of the problem is that I consider all the hours I've spent chanting a particular mantra and think about the fact that (A) I haven't really noticed any improvement in anything as a result, (B) my mind wanders during chanting and so I think I'm not doing it right and wasting my time...
by Virgo
Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:30 am
Forum: Dzogchen
Topic: Lazy people should just give up, right?
Replies: 265
Views: 16845

Re: Lazy people should just give up, right?

Greetings, For example, I think it was Sariputra that attained Arhatship lying down to go to sleep. Ananda. Maitri, Retro. :) Thank you, Retro. I suspected it wasn't Sariputra because he attained Arhatship after walking back and forth and contemplating the teachings all night long. But I was very t...
by Virgo
Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:44 am
Forum: Tibetan Buddhism
Topic: Creation Stage and the attainment of Bhumis
Replies: 182
Views: 13470

Re: Creation Stage and the attainment of Bhumis

J-Bird wrote:Seriously????? More practice....less banter.
May your keyboard get un-stuck!
Same. :)

Kevin
by Virgo
Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:08 am
Forum: Dzogchen
Topic: Lazy people should just give up, right?
Replies: 265
Views: 16845

Re: Lazy people should just give up, right?

Thanks, everyone. This has turned into a pretty good sangha for me. :) I find it is easier to be honest here and I also find that for some reason people respond better to people saying "I suck at this" than people who say "I am good at this," which, I think, is probably appropriate. Funny though, b...
by Virgo
Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:02 am
Forum: Tibetan Buddhism
Topic: Creation Stage and the attainment of Bhumis
Replies: 182
Views: 13470

Re: Creation Stage and the attainment of Bhumis

My moderator sense is tingling. I sense incoming flames. Allow to mention that it is wise to refrain from inflammatory terms and overly forceful expression of one's opinions. Before hitting the submit button the wise one asks if what he has written will be of benefit to others. This isn't directed ...
by Virgo
Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:50 am
Forum: Dzogchen
Topic: Is rigpa like...?
Replies: 10
Views: 1049

Re: Is rigpa like...?

Sounds like endorphins. :D

Kevin
by Virgo
Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:48 am
Forum: Lounge
Topic: What is your marital status?
Replies: 8
Views: 744

Re: What is your marital status?

Single.

Kevin
by Virgo
Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:47 pm
Forum: Tibetan Buddhism
Topic: Creation Stage and the attainment of Bhumis
Replies: 182
Views: 13470

Re: Creation Stage and the attainment of Bhumis

Namdrol wrote:
Virgo wrote: Dzogchen, having no path
Don't be an idiot, Kevin. Dzogchen has a path.
Haven't been thinking straight today, too much staying up late and so forth-- mostly because of the job.

Kevin
by Virgo
Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:44 pm
Forum: Dzogchen
Topic: Lazy people should just give up, right?
Replies: 265
Views: 16845

Re: Lazy people should just give up, right?

There is a well known realized zen nun from Korea Whom i was very fortunate to meet once. It was a small gathering of people and very informal and everybody asked her questions. One of the questions was exactly what you are asking, about laziness, motivation and 'gaps' in practice. Her response was...
by Virgo
Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:24 pm
Forum: Tibetan Buddhism
Topic: Creation Stage and the attainment of Bhumis
Replies: 182
Views: 13470

Re: Creation Stage and the attainment of Bhumis

Namdrol wrote:
Virgo wrote: Dzogchen, having no path
Don't be an idiot, Kevin. Dzogchen has a path.
That's true. Can you please comment on the other points from that post? This will help clear up some misunderstandings.

Thanks,

Kevin

Go to advanced search