Brief members bios - please contribute!

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
Wayfarer
Former staff member

Re: Brief members bios - please contribute!

Post by Wayfarer » Fri May 10, 2019 1:19 pm

Hi - welcome Placidus and Tony - glad to have you both on board.

:hi:
'Only practice with no gaining idea' ~ Suzuki Roshi

tkp67

Re: Brief members bios - please contribute!

Post by tkp67 » Wed May 15, 2019 1:49 pm

I am 52 years old with a wife and two adult children. I started actively practicing Buddhism (independent of school with causal teaching) 10 years ago. I say actively because I feel as if my life prior was a prelude to the practice of Buddhism itself. My filial religion is Christianity and for me it vehicle for me to understand how to better serve humanity for the purpose of achieve latent full potential marked by synergy evoked through human harmonization.
I do not doubt on some level this was also an attempt to unravel strife that is part of my karma and thus my mind and that ultimately the enlightenment I sought and seek for the world was a reflection of the strife as I perceived it. To this end the practice has served me and it is reflected in those around me, especially my family.

Thanks to some very interesting, challenging and potent karma I had to reconcile many common cognitive challenges. Buddhism has been quite effective at facilitating escape from the attachment to such cognitive obstacles and while I realize this is a lifetimes long process, I feel more suited for the challenge with a practice such as this. Along with continuation of practice for the purpose of personal growth I am interested in repaying my debt to the Buddha(s) but understand that this desire in and of itself is subject to delusion. In light of this condition I attempt to deepen my practice on a personal level for the purpose of understanding how to best fulfill that debt. I have found myself in a position of maintaining encouragement for others and realize that I have a greater responsibility to the integrity of my practice by proxy.

Historic, traditional, scholarly and cultural aspects of Buddhism are areas where I have a great lack of knowledge so I do have vast territory to cover in this process which is ultimately what brought me here. The diversity of practice for me here is simple testimony (even when they seeming conflict through individual perceptions) of the true scope of Buddhism itself and am grateful for the resource. The active voices and practices behind them all teachers for me in this regard so thank you very much in advance.

Return to “Introductions”