Hi. Nice to meet you all

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
Richard_Merseyside

Hi. Nice to meet you all

Post by Richard_Merseyside » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:50 pm

Hello. I am Richard and live on Merseyside in the UK.
I have been on and off the 'Path' so many times I have lost count. However, now I have made a commitment to stay on track. I have been interested in Tibetan Buddhist for many years. But like any other humans, set backs in life and more importantly my reaction to them, have hindered my progress along the path.

Finally, when I thought I had blown my chance and was about to resign my self to being a failed Buddhist, instead, I treated this last act of 'unskilful behaviour' as a life lesson. Instead of seeing it as a broken precept and yet more failure I analysed what I had done? Why I did it? I soon discovered that any pleasure I received from the action, was then replaced with 'suffering & guilt' which lasted far longer
(in fact it's still with me.....and yes I know I must overcome this too and let it go)
then any pleasure I received. To be succinct, I used this negative act as a lesson, which seems to have been a springboard for me.

Thank you for reading this and I look forward to reading many posts and sharing views with you all.
May you all find happiness, good health and peace.

Richard

Fortyeightvows

Re: Hi. Nice to meet you all

Post by Fortyeightvows » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:26 am

Welcome.

You can easily search the site for anything that interests you. Please feel free to comment on anything of interest.
I usually use a site-specific search in my browser, i.e. searching for
site:https://dharmawheel.net search-term
where search-term is what you're looking for.
Since the forum has been going for so long, there will be huge numbers of results for most common terms. Google Advanced Search lets you restrict results by date, and that can be handy, too.

DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:48 pm

Welcome to DW!

KathyLauren

Post by KathyLauren » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:13 pm

Welcome, Richard!

Om mani padme hum
Kathy

Return to “Introductions”