Greetings all (long introduction warning)

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
MisterMK

Greetings all (long introduction warning)

Post by MisterMK »

Hi,

I'd like to introduce briefly introduce myself, however, I tend to talk too much.

Anyway, I'm Marcus from Manchester, England. I recently started studying Buddhism at the Triratna centre in the city. After chasing various spiritual paths for the past year , I decided it was time to apply some discipline and dedication and study the path that felt right to me.

My eyes were opened properly when my mother died a couple of years ago - this caused me to look at the world with a lot of contempt and confusion. I also struggled to understand what my purpose was. Luckily, I discovered Eckhart Tolle's books and these revealed a new approach to life, which in hindsight was so obvious. This brought me to a very 'happy' place, where I thought I had found freedom from this cruel world. Since then I became somewhat of a spiritual glutton - consuming texts, audiobooks, lectures, gatherings etc. but then gradually I found myself back in samsara. I thought I had made it - oh how wrong I was.

Right now, I'm struggling with meditation and the general practice of Buddhism. Once again, I'm finding work overwhelming and the day-to-day 'problems' are back with a vengeance. I guess it's true that the path is arduous. I'm sticking with my studying

If anybody has any advice for me to keep me on track it would be much appreciated.

I look forward to getting to know you all.
Lobsang Chojor

Re: Greetings all (long introduction warning)

Post by Lobsang Chojor »

Welcome Marcus :namaste:

Not desperate to plug a group here but you might be interested in the Lam Rim study group as that is the guide from the beginning to enlightenment.
"Morality does not become pure unless darkness is dispelled by the light of wisdom"
  • Aryasura, Paramitasamasa 6.5
ༀ་ཨ་ར་པ་ཙ་ན་དྷཱི༔ Oṃ A Ra Pa Ca Na Dhīḥ
Admin_PC
Former staff member

Post by Admin_PC »

Welcome to DharmaWheel!
:anjali:
MisterMK

Post by MisterMK »

Thank you for the warm welcome.
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!

:yinyang:
Buddha_nature86

Post by Buddha_nature86 »

Hi.

Pleased to connect with you .

:namaste:

Return to “Introductions”