Introduction

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
Brev

Introduction

Postby Brev » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:39 am

Hello,

I first want to apologize for being a major league jerk and flipping out the last time I was on this site. I caused a lot of friction and possible hurt feelings and wasted a lot of people's time. I promise that won't happen again and apologize to anyone I hurt.

Anyway, here's my intro:

I'm an Aspie from the Seattle area who works in K-12 education. I love working with special needs children.

I have a history of mental health issues (anxiety, major depression, extreme social phobia, etc) that I will never be especially good at managing, though I have made some small progress entering my thirtieth year.

I used to be completely obsessed with math. I picked up the bad habit while studying that subject of trying to learn stuff on my own without the advice of a teacher.

I live in a cozy apartment with my wife and our chihuahua.

I'm not a Dharma practitioner but will be attending services and teachings at Sakya Monastery soon and hopefully take on more of the semblance of a practitioner in this lifetime. 2016 was a turd of a year -- I made the ill-advised decision to buy a business while I was in denial about my mental health. But having sold the business and the dust having just settled in the past two weeks, 2017 has a shot at being stabler, which means maybe I can work on and scoop out some of my bullshit.

I probably won't make many posts here, but I wanted to at least make this one.

Here's to moving forward and contributing positively (or at least not negatively) in 2017! :twothumbsup:

David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Re: Introduction

Postby David N. Snyder » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:49 am

Welcome back!

:meditate:

Admin_PC
Site Admin

Postby Admin_PC » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:10 am

No hard feelings.
Welcome back.
:anjali:
月影の いたらぬ里は なけれども 眺むる人の 心にぞすむ
法然上人

Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Postby Johnny Dangerous » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:12 am

Welcome back, Sakya Monastery is a special place :twothumbsup:
"it must be coming from the mouthy mastermind of raunchy rapper, Johnny Dangerous”

-Jeff H.

Queequeg
Global Moderator

Postby Queequeg » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:49 pm

Welcome back!
“Once you have given up the ghost, everything follows with dead certainty, even in the midst of chaos.”
-Henry Miller

Return to “Introductions”