Introduction

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
Brev

Introduction

Post by Brev »

Hello,

I first want to apologize for being a major league jerk and flipping out the last time I was on this site. I caused a lot of friction and possible hurt feelings and wasted a lot of people's time. I promise that won't happen again and apologize to anyone I hurt.

Anyway, here's my intro:

I'm an Aspie from the Seattle area who works in K-12 education. I love working with special needs children.

I have a history of mental health issues (anxiety, major depression, extreme social phobia, etc) that I will never be especially good at managing, though I have made some small progress entering my thirtieth year.

I used to be completely obsessed with math. I picked up the bad habit while studying that subject of trying to learn stuff on my own without the advice of a teacher.

I live in a cozy apartment with my wife and our chihuahua.

I'm not a Dharma practitioner but will be attending services and teachings at Sakya Monastery soon and hopefully take on more of the semblance of a practitioner in this lifetime. 2016 was a turd of a year -- I made the ill-advised decision to buy a business while I was in denial about my mental health. But having sold the business and the dust having just settled in the past two weeks, 2017 has a shot at being stabler, which means maybe I can work on and scoop out some of my bullshit.

I probably won't make many posts here, but I wanted to at least make this one.

Here's to moving forward and contributing positively (or at least not negatively) in 2017! :twothumbsup:
DNS
Site Admin

Re: Introduction

Post by DNS »

Welcome back!

:meditate:
Admin_PC
Former staff member

Post by Admin_PC »

No hard feelings.
Welcome back.
:anjali:
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

Welcome back, Sakya Monastery is a special place :twothumbsup:
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

Welcome back!
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,

Return to “Introductions”