Hello everyone!

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
Bodhinet

Hello everyone!

Post by Bodhinet »

Hi everyone,
I registered on Dharma Wheel lately in order to connect regularly with the Dharma and Buddhist practitioners.
Actually I took refuge in the 3 Jewels this summer (Kagyu lineage, so Tibetan Buddhism).
I live in France.
More likely I will read you all more than I will participate activilely, so thanks all for your contributions!
Ayu
Global Moderator

Re: Hello everyone!

Post by Ayu »

Welcome. :smile:
Admin_PC
Former staff member

Post by Admin_PC »

Welcome to DharmaWheel!
:anjali:
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!

:buddha1:
CedarTree

Post by CedarTree »

Welcome! :anjali:

Practice, Practice, Practice
Noël

Post by Noël »

It's taken a long time to reach here :buddha1: and after reading the rules :rules: I feel that it would be wise :sage: for me to say less :| and listen up :reading: because I feel I'm in for a huge learning curve :geek: and I don't want to blow it by being obnoxious :evil:
CedarTree

Post by CedarTree »

Noël wrote:It's taken a long time to reach here :buddha1: and after reading the rules :rules: I feel that it would be wise :sage: for me to say less :| and listen up :reading: because I feel I'm in for a huge learning curve :geek: and I don't want to blow it by being obnoxious :evil:
You could have made your own introduction :)

I think listening up and reading are a great way to start a reputable foundation! Seems your a smart cookie. Keep that attitude and you will go far and learn a lot here.

If you ever want to know about Zen in particular Soto Zen or Theravada, let me know! :anjali:

Noël

Post by Noël »

CedarTree wrote:
Noël wrote:It's taken a long time to reach here :buddha1: and after reading the rules :rules: I feel that it would be wise :sage: for me to say less :| and listen up :reading: because I feel I'm in for a huge learning curve :geek: and I don't want to blow it by being obnoxious :evil:

I think listening up and reading are a great way to start a reputable foundation! Seems you're a smart cookie. Keep that attitude and you will go far and learn a lot here.

If you ever want to know about Zen in particular Soto Zen or Theravada, let me know! :anjali:
I have my training wheels on for using this site and familiarising how it works...hence the introduction incident but hey you practice Soto Zen. I was going through a rough period trying to understand the metaphysical concepts of Nichiren Buddhism over 20 years ago, my head felt like it was about to explode as it does with a bad flue.

I went to a Zen center where I took part in the sitting meditation where you sit for 20 minutes walk around the room and do the same 3 more times while counting breath 1-10 with eyes slightly open. It was on the 3rd sit that a joy welled up within clearing my stuffy aching head and I felt that I know that I know that I know if you know what I mean. There were tears of relief in that I had felt that I've been looking everywhere for the ultimate high like being in search of the holy grail and there it was, it had been with me all the time.

I have taken Magic Mushrooms, Mescaline, LSD and Marijuana in the past but the purity of this experience exceeded them all. This is why I understand meditators as this experience cannot be conveyed conceptually

I'm good with the Nichiren Buddhists concepts now and practice independently and still practice sitting meditation in the early hours of the morning when I'm wide awake and then I can go back to sleep and awake refreshed with a smile on the dial
CedarTree

Post by CedarTree »

Noël wrote:
CedarTree wrote:

I think listening up and reading are a great way to start a reputable foundation! Seems you're a smart cookie. Keep that attitude and you will go far and learn a lot here.

I have my training wheels on for using this site and familiarising how it works...hence the introduction incident but hey you practice Soto Zen. I was going through a rough period trying to understand the metaphysical concepts of Nichiren Buddhism over 20 years ago, my head felt like it was about to explode as it does with a bad flue.

I went to a Zen center where I took part in the sitting meditation where you sit for 20 minutes walk around the room and do the same 3 more times while counting breath 1-10 with eyes slightly open. It was on the 3rd sit that a joy welled up within clearing my stuffy aching head and I felt that I know that I know that I know if you know what I mean. There were tears of relief in that I had felt that I've been looking everywhere for the ultimate high like being in search of the holy grail and there it was, it had been with me all the time.

I have taken Magic Mushrooms, Mescaline, LSD and Marijuana in the past but the purity of this experience exceeded them all. This is why I understand meditators as this experience cannot be conveyed conceptually

I'm good with the Nichiren Buddhists concepts now and practice independently and still practice sitting meditation in the early hours of the morning when I'm wide awake and then I can go back to sleep and awake refreshed with a smile on the dial
I am glad you had such a good experience with Zen practice and Zazen/Kinhin :)

Bodhinet

Post by Bodhinet »

Thanks all! :namaste:

Return to “Introductions”