Hello! I am back

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
Dharmasherab

Hello! I am back

Post by Dharmasherab »

Dear Buddhists,

My screenname is Dharmasherab. I was originally a Theravada Buddhist since birth but very recently I entered Vajrayana. However I still continue my Theravada practices and continue to learn Theravada in addition to Vajrayana also.

Hoping to look at important thread and get directions from there.

With Metta,
Dharmasherab
Admin_PC
Former staff member

Re: Hello! I am back

Post by Admin_PC »

Welcome to DharmaWheel!
:anjali:
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

Dharmasherab wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:28 pm Dear Buddhists,

My screenname is Dharmasherab. I was originally a Theravada Buddhist since birth but very recently I entered Vajrayana. However I still continue my Theravada practices and continue to learn Theravada in addition to Vajrayana also.
Wonderful! :namaste: Welcome.
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Dharmasherab wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:28 pm Dear Buddhists,

Hoping to look at important thread and get directions from there.

With Metta,
Dharmasherab
Its great to have you here Dharmasherab, thank you. I was also a Theravadin once upon a blue moon.

Kevin
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!

:buddha2:
Dharmasherab

Post by Dharmasherab »

Thank you all. I am also a member of Dhamma Wheel too. I respect the Theravada, Mahayana and Vajrayana within Buddhism. They are all precious.
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

Welcome. My friend had some time in Thailand I thought you would find interesting.

https://rinchenphuntsokblog.wordpress.c ... -thailand/
Dharmasherab

Post by Dharmasherab »

Could some one please direct me the section which is most suitable for me to make a thread about preparing for ordination please?

Thank you
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Dharmasherab wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:38 pm Could some one please direct me the section which is most suitable for me to make a thread about preparing for ordination please?

Thank you
Is there a particular tradition that you have in mind Dharmasherab?

Thank you.

Kevin
Dharmasherab

Post by Dharmasherab »

Dear Virgo,

I think I am going for the thread in Mahayana because I want to get ideas from a generic point of view as I am not only making the thread only on behalf of myself but also on behalf of my friends and possibly for anyone who is interested in best preparation in their lay life before becoming ordained.
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Dharmasherab wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:45 pm Dear Virgo,

I think I am going for the thread in Mahayana because I want to get ideas from a generic point of view as I am not only making the thread only on behalf of myself but also on behalf of my friends and possibly for anyone who is interested in best preparation in their lay life before becoming ordained.
Well Dharma you might try in the Help Required Forum if you want to get feedback from all traditions represented here. :)

Virgo
Dharmasherab

Post by Dharmasherab »

Its a bit challenging because it seems black and white without the grey area which addresses the question on how lay people can optimise their Buddhist practice as lay people before taking up robes. Well there are so many threads to look through but I guess there is not harm in starting a thread which is focussed on how lay people to best prepare before ordination if you know what I mean.
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

Dharmasherab wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:54 pm Its a bit challenging because it seems black and white without the grey area which addresses the question on how lay people can optimise their Buddhist practice as lay people before taking up robes. Well there are so many threads to look through but I guess there is not harm in starting a thread which is focussed on how lay people to best prepare before ordination if you know what I mean.
Sure.

Have you asked your teacher how to prepare for ordination? Or more fundamentally, if ordination is a good idea for you?

Also, you mentioned that you are back. Were you a member of DW in the past? What was your username? Your writing style seems familiar to me but I don't want to be presumptuous.
Dharmasherab

Post by Dharmasherab »

DGA wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:43 pmHave you asked your teacher how to prepare for ordination? Or more fundamentally, if ordination is a good idea for you?
No. Its just I made a thread with the intention of getting ideas on how to just best prepare as a lay Buddhist on a more generic level before going into specifics. Also I am not asking those questions only on behalf of myself but also my friends too. Because we discussed about different things to be done (like how many retreats and duration) as well as milestones to reach (such as reaching Dhyana prior to considering ordination). They are just ideas - no hard and fast rules. But later we will be putting ideas together in a social media group and hopefully make a pathway (like a list of things to do) before considering ordination on a generic level as well as on a more specific level based on the school or sect which one prefers to ordain in.
DGA wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:43 pmAlso, you mentioned that you are back. Were you a member of DW in the past? What was your username?
Yes I was a member 3 years back. My username was 'Buddhistcleric' and later changed to 'Buddhistboy'. Does that ring a particular bell to you?
Lobsang Chojor

Post by Lobsang Chojor »

Dharmasherab wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:26 pmNo. Its just I made a thread with the intention of getting ideas on how to just best prepare as a lay Buddhist on a more generic level before going into specifics. Also I am not asking those questions only on behalf of myself but also my friends too. Because we discussed about different things to be done (like how many retreats and duration) as well as milestones to reach (such as reaching Dhyana prior to considering ordination). They are just ideas - no hard and fast rules. But later we will be putting ideas together in a social media group and hopefully make a pathway (like a list of things to do) before considering ordination on a generic level as well as on a more specific level based on the school or sect which one prefers to ordain in.
As someone who is considering ordination I can tell you that it's essential to have a close teacher as the guidance is very personal (I know the advice I've received is different to others). Although in a more general statement I'd say that some retreat is a good idea, and taking the day long 8 Mahayana vows are essential.
"Morality does not become pure unless darkness is dispelled by the light of wisdom"
  • Aryasura, Paramitasamasa 6.5
ༀ་ཨ་ར་པ་ཙ་ན་དྷཱི༔ Oṃ A Ra Pa Ca Na Dhīḥ
Dharmasherab

Post by Dharmasherab »

Just a brief update. I am now a Samanera in a Theravada monastery.

In this monastery there may be other members of the Sangha who may also be users of DharmaWheel. Since we all share the same internet, the DharmaWheel admins may see this as different usernames logging in under the same IP address. I want to say the reason behind this is because we are all living in this monastery.

The same goes for my accounts in DhammaWheel, DharmaPaths and DharmaWheel Engaged.
“When one does not understand death, life can be very confusing.” - Ajahn Chah
Konchog Thogme Jampa

Post by Konchog Thogme Jampa »

Dharmasherab wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:35 pm Just a brief update. I am now a Samanera in a Theravada monastery.

In this monastery there may be other members of the Sangha who may also be users of DharmaWheel. Since we all share the same internet, the DharmaWheel admins may see this as different usernames logging in under the same IP address. I want to say the reason behind this is because we are all living in this monastery.

The same goes for my accounts in DhammaWheel, DharmaPaths and DharmaWheel Engaged.
I used to be a Samanera which monastery are you staying at?
Dharmasherab

Post by Dharmasherab »

Konchog Thogme Jampa wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:56 pm I used to be a Samanera which monastery are you staying at?
I'm residing in a Theravada monastery in Europe.
Konchog Thogme Jampa

Post by Konchog Thogme Jampa »

Dharmasherab wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:56 pm
Konchog Thogme Jampa wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:56 pm I used to be a Samanera which monastery are you staying at?
I'm residing in a Theravada monastery in Europe.
Well….

All the best with your endeavour
Dharmasherab

Post by Dharmasherab »

Konchog Thogme Jampa wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:15 pm All the best with your endeavour
Thank you very much. :namaste:

Return to “Introductions”