My "Hello" post

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
clyde

My "Hello" post

Post by clyde » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:55 am

Hello.

And hello again as I recognize some of the members of Dharma Wheel and some may remember me from other forums.

I’m 70 years old and have read, studied and practiced Buddhism for almost 50 years, mostly as a ‘solo practitioner’ with an inclination toward the simplicity of Zen and zazen, the penetrating insight of the Tibetan schools, and the Pali suttas and jhana practices of the Theravada/Vipassana schools. For the last 10 years I’ve been a member of a peer-led, non-sectarian Buddhist meditation group. And because the group is non-sectarian, I’ve had the opportunity to sit with a wide variety of Buddhist teachers.

It’s been a while since I actively participated on a forum, so we’ll see what happens (or doesn’t).

Do no harm,
clyde
Last edited by DNS on Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed the link

Miroku

Re: My "Hello" post

Post by Miroku » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:24 pm

Hello Clyde,

welcome! Hope you find your stay insightful and maybe share some interesting insights too.

Best wishes

M.
Child, if you are not hypocritical and out of control, that is conduct.
~ Padampa Sangye

You say such clever things to people, but you do not apply them to yourself.
The faults within you are the ones to be exposed.
~ Padampa Sangye

Admin_PC
Site Admin

Post by Admin_PC » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:33 pm

Welcome to DharmaWheel!
:anjali:
月影の いたらぬ里は なけれども 眺むる人の 心にぞすむ
法然上人

DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:55 pm

Welcome to DW!

:yinyang:

Ogyen

Post by Ogyen » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:28 am

clyde wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:55 am
Hello.

And hello again as I recognize some of the members of Dharma Wheel and some may remember me from other forums.

I’m 70 years old and have read, studied and practiced Buddhism for almost 50 years, mostly as a ‘solo practitioner’ with an inclination toward the simplicity of Zen and zazen, the penetrating insight of the Tibetan schools, and the Pali suttas and jhana practices of the Theravada/Vipassana schools. For the last 10 years I’ve been a member of a peer-led, non-sectarian Buddhist meditation group. And because the group is non-sectarian, I’ve had the opportunity to sit with a wide variety of Buddhist teachers.

It’s been a while since I actively participated on a forum, so we’ll see what happens (or doesn’t).

Do no harm,
clyde

Welcome, so nice to see you here. :hug:
Image Made from 100% recycled karma

The Heart Drive - nosce te ipsum

"To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never, to forget." –Arundhati Roy

Return to “Introductions”