My "Hello" post

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
clyde

My "Hello" post

Post by clyde »

Hello.

And hello again as I recognize some of the members of Dharma Wheel and some may remember me from other forums.

I’m 70 years old and have read, studied and practiced Buddhism for almost 50 years, mostly as a ‘solo practitioner’ with an inclination toward the simplicity of Zen and zazen, the penetrating insight of the Tibetan schools, and the Pali suttas and jhana practices of the Theravada/Vipassana schools. For the last 10 years I’ve been a member of a peer-led, non-sectarian Buddhist meditation group. And because the group is non-sectarian, I’ve had the opportunity to sit with a wide variety of Buddhist teachers.

It’s been a while since I actively participated on a forum, so we’ll see what happens (or doesn’t).

Do no harm,
clyde
Last edited by DNS on Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed the link
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Re: My "Hello" post

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Hello Clyde,

welcome! Hope you find your stay insightful and maybe share some interesting insights too.

Best wishes

M.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Admin_PC
Former staff member

Post by Admin_PC »

Welcome to DharmaWheel!
:anjali:
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!

:yinyang:
Ogyen

Post by Ogyen »

clyde wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:55 am Hello.

And hello again as I recognize some of the members of Dharma Wheel and some may remember me from other forums.

I’m 70 years old and have read, studied and practiced Buddhism for almost 50 years, mostly as a ‘solo practitioner’ with an inclination toward the simplicity of Zen and zazen, the penetrating insight of the Tibetan schools, and the Pali suttas and jhana practices of the Theravada/Vipassana schools. For the last 10 years I’ve been a member of a peer-led, non-sectarian Buddhist meditation group. And because the group is non-sectarian, I’ve had the opportunity to sit with a wide variety of Buddhist teachers.

It’s been a while since I actively participated on a forum, so we’ll see what happens (or doesn’t).

Do no harm,
clyde

Welcome, so nice to see you here. :hug:
Image Made from 100% recycled karma

The Heart Drive - nosce te ipsum

"To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never, to forget." –Arundhati Roy

Return to “Introductions”