Greetings!

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
Post Reply
User avatar
egon
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:44 pm
Location: USA

Greetings!

Post by egon » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:55 pm

Hi folks! I'm very curious about Mahayana, specifically Zen at the moment. I've been to a local zendo a few times and I'm trying to learn more. Also, my metta practice has been aided by learning about other people and what's important to them, so I'll be lurking around here quite a bit, I imagine. I have a secular and materialist worldview, but don't worry- I have no intention on arguing with anyone about their beliefs. Have a lovely day!

User avatar
Virgo
Global Moderator
Posts: 3427
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:47 am
Location: Uni-verse

Re: Greetings!

Post by Virgo » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:15 pm

egon wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:55 pm
Hi folks! I'm very curious about Mahayana, specifically Zen at the moment. I've been to a local zendo a few times and I'm trying to learn more. Also, my metta practice has been aided by learning about other people and what's important to them, so I'll be lurking around here quite a bit, I imagine. I have a secular and materialist worldview, but don't worry- I have no intention on arguing with anyone about their beliefs. Have a lovely day!
Hi egon,

Nice to see you over at this Wheel.

Kevin...
ངོ་རང་ཐོག་ཏུ་སྤྲད། །
ཐག་གཅིག་ཐོག་ཏུ་བཅད། །
གདེང་གྲོལ་ཐོག་ཏུ་བཅའ། །


http://caretoclick.com/clean-the-enviro ... -phone-use

User avatar
egon
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:44 pm
Location: USA

Re: Greetings!

Post by egon » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:16 pm

Virgo wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:15 pm
egon wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:55 pm
Hi folks! I'm very curious about Mahayana, specifically Zen at the moment. I've been to a local zendo a few times and I'm trying to learn more. Also, my metta practice has been aided by learning about other people and what's important to them, so I'll be lurking around here quite a bit, I imagine. I have a secular and materialist worldview, but don't worry- I have no intention on arguing with anyone about their beliefs. Have a lovely day!
Hi egon,

Nice to see you over at this Wheel.

Kevin...
Kevin...! Back atcha.

User avatar
Admin_PC
Site Admin
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:17 pm
Location: Texas, USA

Re: Greetings!

Post by Admin_PC » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:55 pm

Welcome to DharmaWheel!
:anjali:
月影の いたらぬ里は なけれども 眺むる人の 心にぞすむ
法然上人

User avatar
Virgo
Global Moderator
Posts: 3427
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:47 am
Location: Uni-verse

Re: Greetings!

Post by Virgo » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:59 pm

egon wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:55 pm
I've been to a local zendo a few times and I'm trying to learn more.
That's good! :smile:

Kevin...
ངོ་རང་ཐོག་ཏུ་སྤྲད། །
ཐག་གཅིག་ཐོག་ཏུ་བཅད། །
གདེང་གྲོལ་ཐོག་ཏུ་བཅའ། །


http://caretoclick.com/clean-the-enviro ... -phone-use

User avatar
egon
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:44 pm
Location: USA

Re: Greetings!

Post by egon » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:55 am

Virgo wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:59 pm
egon wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:55 pm
I've been to a local zendo a few times and I'm trying to learn more.
That's good! :smile:

Kevin...
I haven't wrapped my head around the ritual of it, and certainly felt odd chanting things that I didn't understand. But I did love the meditation. The ordained person was friendly enough, but he wasn't offering any teaching besides posture. No worries. It is a Rinzai place very close to me. There are a couple of lay-led Soto sanghas around here as well, and there's actually what appears to be a soto sangha with a proper teacher about 45 minutes away. I hope to check them out next week.

Be well!

User avatar
DNS
Site Admin
Posts: 3072
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:23 pm
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, Estados Unidos de América
Contact:

Re: Greetings!

Post by DNS » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:42 pm

Welcome to DW!

:yinyang:

Post Reply

Return to “Introductions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests