Greetings!

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
egon

Greetings!

Post by egon »

Hi folks! I'm very curious about Mahayana, specifically Zen at the moment. I've been to a local zendo a few times and I'm trying to learn more. Also, my metta practice has been aided by learning about other people and what's important to them, so I'll be lurking around here quite a bit, I imagine. I have a secular and materialist worldview, but don't worry- I have no intention on arguing with anyone about their beliefs. Have a lovely day!
Virgo

Re: Greetings!

Post by Virgo »

egon wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:55 pm Hi folks! I'm very curious about Mahayana, specifically Zen at the moment. I've been to a local zendo a few times and I'm trying to learn more. Also, my metta practice has been aided by learning about other people and what's important to them, so I'll be lurking around here quite a bit, I imagine. I have a secular and materialist worldview, but don't worry- I have no intention on arguing with anyone about their beliefs. Have a lovely day!
Hi egon,

Nice to see you over at this Wheel.

Kevin...
egon

Post by egon »

Virgo wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:15 pm
egon wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:55 pm Hi folks! I'm very curious about Mahayana, specifically Zen at the moment. I've been to a local zendo a few times and I'm trying to learn more. Also, my metta practice has been aided by learning about other people and what's important to them, so I'll be lurking around here quite a bit, I imagine. I have a secular and materialist worldview, but don't worry- I have no intention on arguing with anyone about their beliefs. Have a lovely day!
Hi egon,

Nice to see you over at this Wheel.

Kevin...
Kevin...! Back atcha.
Admin_PC
Former staff member

Post by Admin_PC »

Welcome to DharmaWheel!
:anjali:
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

egon wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:55 pm I've been to a local zendo a few times and I'm trying to learn more.
That's good! :smile:

Kevin...
egon

Post by egon »

Virgo wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:59 pm
egon wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:55 pm I've been to a local zendo a few times and I'm trying to learn more.
That's good! :smile:

Kevin...
I haven't wrapped my head around the ritual of it, and certainly felt odd chanting things that I didn't understand. But I did love the meditation. The ordained person was friendly enough, but he wasn't offering any teaching besides posture. No worries. It is a Rinzai place very close to me. There are a couple of lay-led Soto sanghas around here as well, and there's actually what appears to be a soto sangha with a proper teacher about 45 minutes away. I hope to check them out next week.

Be well!
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!

:yinyang:

Return to “Introductions”