Hello I'm Aaron

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
shanyin

Hello I'm Aaron

Post by shanyin »

Hi I'm Aaron.

I became interested in Buddhism when I was about to go to high school. Then I read a book called Dharma Punx that taught meditation. I tried meditation (or whatever you want to call it) by focusing on my breathing and dealing with thoughts and my minds attention on the object of the breath. I live in Northern Ontario. I have a mom and dad, and 2 sisters who are older than me.

I took Bodhisattva vows in the Mahayana tradition at the International Buddhist Temple in Richmond, BC. I am a little confused because I thought it was in Vancouver, now it says Richmond lol!

I view the Bodhisattva path as someone who goes out and helps the world and people and is motivated by compassion and seeks enlightenment. At least that's how I think of them.

I have been living on my own now since about 2012. I am poor but my family helps out alot.

I am interested to be a part of this Dharma Wheel community. It seems my only experience with Buddhism is focusing on my breathing, reading Buddhist books, meeting monks, going on one retreat and talking on forums.

I'm hoping this community can help me on my path of awakening.
Queequeg
Former staff member

Re: Hello I'm Aaron

Post by Queequeg »

Hi, Aaron. Welcome. :smile:

Please join the fray. It can be rough at times, but generally, everyone here has good intentions.

I edited your post a little - I think you'll know how. It's all good.
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,
shanyin

Post by shanyin »

Well I hope you can accept my apology over my private message. I seem to be getting defensive with regards to my illness to the point of anger and, my mind feels like a blank for days and days. Just got back from an injection.
anjali
Former staff member

Post by anjali »

shanyin wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:09 pm Well I hope you can accept my apology over my private message. I seem to be getting defensive with regards to my illness to the point of anger and, my mind feels like a blank for days and days. Just got back from an injection.
No worries. It's all good. Welcome to Dharmawheel and well wishes always. :cheers:
Admin_PC
Former staff member

Post by Admin_PC »

Welcome to DharmaWheel!
:anjali:
shanyin

Post by shanyin »

I just want to say while there is alot I don't understand about alot of the in depth Buddhist philosophical points, I agree with alot of what Buddhists have to say on forums such as this and newbuddhist about society and current affairs. I think the Sangha often doesn't have much to say (well, doesn't say much) with regard to current events but I like alot of the posts here. I don't have much to say on these topics myself.
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!

Return to “Introductions”