Hello I am Sonam

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
SonamGyatso

Hello I am Sonam

Post by SonamGyatso »

I probably should have made an introduction post first, but my first post was in regard to a practice i'm involved with.

My Dharma name, which has been given to me by my Lama, is Sonam Gyatso. I grew up Catholic, and denied conventional science until the peak of my adolescence. For maybe seven years after that I was an "anti-theist," believing scientific understanding is the only way to know truths.

Eventually I moved to Washington state and had a groovey experience with the Dharma. I joined up with a Nyingma Sangha of the lineage of Chagdud Tulku Rinpoche and received my first empowerment a year later (2018). Now i'm posting on this site.

I am sometimes arrogant in my skepticism, but I do not want to abandon it entirely as I approach the Vajrayana. Still, my cautious nature seems almost strenuous, and I think sometimes it is not what my Lama wants for me.

Anyway, I will probably use this site mostly to pose questions I have, but hopefully -- once I am more knowlegeable, I can contribute to conversation.
Drenpa

Re: Hello I am Sonam

Post by Drenpa »

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!!!
Punya

Post by Punya »

Hello and welcome Sonam. :hi:
We abide nowhere. We possess nothing.
~Chatral Rinpoche
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!

Dorje Shedrub

Post by Dorje Shedrub »

Welcome!
Homage to the Precious Dzogchen Master
🙏🌺🙏 Chögyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
🙏🌺🙏
weitsicht

Post by weitsicht »

Arrogant skepticism? I'm curious to se that in practise!

You think there's something specific your lama wants for you? -let's see what that's gonna be like

Welcome to DW (I like this one @DNS)
Ho! All the possible appearances and existences of samsara and nirvana have the same source, yet two paths and two results arise as the magical display of awareness and unawareness.
HO NANG SRI KHOR DAE THAMCHE KUN ZHI CHIG LAM NYI DRAE BU NYI RIG DANG MA RIG CHOM THRUL TE
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Hold onto that scepticism, you are going to need it if you ever want to understand.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Admin_PC
Former staff member

Post by Admin_PC »

Welcome to DharmaWheel!
:anjali:

Return to “Introductions”