Hi everyone :)

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
Helen

Hi everyone :)

Post by Helen »

I'm Helen, I'm 32 and from England. I am currently not a Buddhist but have a growing interest in it and want to know more. I currently consider myself to be agnostic whilst I am from a Christian background originally (although I was brought up secular).

I'm not sure what else to write here, except that I hope to learn a lot from the forum.
Queequeg
Former staff member

Re: Hi everyone :)

Post by Queequeg »

Welcome, Helen. :smile:
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,
Wayfarer
Former staff member

Post by Wayfarer »

:hi:
'Only practice with no gaining idea' ~ Suzuki Roshi
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!

Admin_PC
Former staff member

Post by Admin_PC »

Welcome to DharmaWheel!
:anjali:
anjali
Former staff member

Post by anjali »

Hi Helen! Welcome aboard. Using the search function, you can find a lot of good info on Buddhism here. Also, if you have a question, just ask. There are a number of very knowledgeable people here on different Buddhist traditions. Depending on where you live, maybe there is a Buddhist community in your neck of the woods that you may want to eventually make a connection with.

Return to “Introductions”