Coming home Again

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
OceanOfSound

Coming home Again

Post by OceanOfSound »

Hi dear community
i thought it is time, to introduce myself.
Im Morgan, 35 intersex, and considering myself in between, from germany
I grew up in a Shambhala Buddhist Family and learnt certain Things from a very early age on. I also discovered quite quickly that i had certain gifts.
As i was a teenager i started reading about other cultures, i felt drawn to native american culture but knew i couldnt venture there, because im not native american und would consider taking a path in that direction as a white european person as cultural appropriation.
with 19 i discovered neo-paganism and later on Shamanism und pracied since that time.
Also i tried to distance myself from what i thought was buddhism at that time, because my family especially my father was alcoholic and violent.
from general neo-paganism and witchcraft in later years i moved on to norse paganism and heathenry.
But more and more i grew aware of the fact that there was no real structure to hold on to, verymuch superficion in the heathen community and many debates about authenticity and stuff and not so much posibility for developing deeper spiritual insight , atleast here in germany

since last year im trying to shead light on my past and to heal and in this path this year i found it nececary to reconcile with buddhism and to find out what buddhism really is, beyond from what my father told me and in that so to say study i found that what my father taught me was very twisted and a short verson and that many of my core beliefs in life, are in ligment especially with tibetan buddhism.
so i started to go to centers first to a bön budhist center , because i have a very big interrest in that too, but found that i wanted to learn more and the people there couldnt answer me the questions i had and so i went to a talk from khandroma kachöd and then landed in a karma kagyu center where i had the honor of meeting tenzin gyalten Kunga last saturday, wich was really mindblowing fro me,even if i dont consider him my teacher as i want to look arround and check different people out until i find someone where it really clicks.

I hope my english is ok
I wish everyone a good day happyness and peace
Greetings OceanOfSound
Queequeg
Former staff member

Re: Coming home Again

Post by Queequeg »

Welcome.

Your English is fine. Plenty of native English speakers who do worse here. :smile:
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!

Admin_PC
Former staff member

Post by Admin_PC »

Welcome to DharmaWheel!
:anjali: