Kia or a from New Zealand

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
Dayleb

Kia or a from New Zealand

Post by Dayleb » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:53 am

Kia ora everyone
My name is Dayle and I live in Dunedin in the south island of NZ. I was introduced to the Dharma around march this year after 20 yrs of agnosticism preceded by 10 yrs as an initiated wiccan .
I believe I have found my path. The local gompa here where teachings are given is Dhargyey Buddhist Centre. Founded by Venerable Geshe Ngawang Dhargyey in the 1980's i think. Www.dhargyeybuddhism.com . It is gelugpa lineage . I have not yet taken refuge as i have yet to properly investigate my potential spiritual teacher etc but intend to do so. Currently reading voraciously and going to teachings and pujas and watching a lot of HHDl videos and others. I've also set up a daily practice based on lamrin through the books liberation in the palm of your hand by Pabongka Rinpoche and guide to the bodhisattva way of life by Shantideva.
I am totally enjoying both the intellectual stimulation and practices involved in my journey.
May all my studies be to the benefit and enlightenment of all sentient beings. :reading:

Admin_PC
Site Admin

Re: Kia or a from New Zealand

Post by Admin_PC » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:46 pm

Welcome to DharmaWheel!
:anjali:
月影の いたらぬ里は なけれども 眺むる人の 心にぞすむ
法然上人

DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:12 pm

Welcome to DW!

Monlam Tharchin
Global Moderator

Post by Monlam Tharchin » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:48 pm

Welcome! Always nice to see new people :smile:
Namu Amida Bu Namu Amida Bu Namu Amida Bu

"If sentient beings are touched by His radiance, their three afflictions will be eliminated and their bodies and minds will become gentle. They will be filled with joy and exuberance as benevolence arises in their minds. If those who are in extreme suffering, taking any of the three evil life-journeys, see this radiance, they can rest, no more pain or distress. After their death, they will be saved." -- Sutra of Amitāyus Buddha

The Teachings of Master Hōnen

Return to “Introductions”