The Wanderer

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
Norwegian

Re: The Wanderer

Post by Norwegian »

Jampel wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:18 pm This quote "A Monk is a Buddhist that wears a Robe and has a Shaved Head."? It's in one of the many Sutras, since it's an "as is" statement, it's at the level of an Arya. Chenreig is The Dalai Lama.

With the Vajrayana, By virtue One was drawn to the Lineage that says that a Monk is One's Manifestation. Now, the Sangha has a resident Monk that is the head of a Vajrayana Monastery and some of the Lineage Holders (H.H., H.E.) have visited. Asking One to Teach. What say you now?

It's fine to have doubt as long as you question, but if you doubt without question, that's Blind Faith. If you perceive it not being Blind Faith, maybe the understanding of Blind Faith is distorted. Blind Faith, just like doubt is destroyed by Truth. How do you find Truth? you ask questions, the answers you test and examine.
Where are you from? As in, what is your native language?
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Jampel wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:18 pm
With the Vajrayana, By virtue One was drawn to the Lineage that says that a Monk is One's Manifestation. Now, the Sangha has a resident Monk that is the head of a Vajrayana Monastery and some of the Lineage Holders (H.H., H.E.) have visited. Asking One to Teach. What say you now?
Well, this One says:
It would be a strange monastery not to have a resident monk, but which 'sangha' do you mean?
Please tell us which at which Vajrayana Monastery you have been asked to teach and which 'HH and HE' requested you to do so. Such claims are easily proven and since you appear to wish to teach people here, you should be clear.
Of course, this being the Introductions thread, it is the perfect place.
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Jampel wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:18 pm This quote "A Monk is a Buddhist that wears a Robe and has a Shaved Head."? It's in one of the many Sutras...
So you do not have a source.
I really have no idea what you are trying to say here. Do you want to simplify it for this dummy?
It's fine to have doubt as long as you question, but if you doubt without question, that's Blind Faith. If you perceive it not being Blind Faith, maybe the understanding of Blind Faith is distorted. Blind Faith, just like doubt is destroyed by Truth. How do you find Truth? you ask questions, the answers you test and examine.
I fail to see how this is relevant to my question.

The thing is, my friend Jampel, that you have clearly come here to teach, but nobody asked to be taught. Traditionally one must ask a teacher three times in order to receive an answer to a specific question.

Now I can understand your willingness to spread whatever insight you may have had, but I am going to have to ask you: Are you qualified to teach? By whom? When and where did you receive your qualification? Who actually are you? Are you a monastic? A lama? Who is your preceptor? Who is your retreat lama? Hell, you have not even told us which lineage you practice in... :smile:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Jampel wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:18 pm
It's fine to have doubt as long as you question, but if you doubt without question, that's Blind Faith.
Clearly, not having blind faith, people questioned. Answer was there none.
:shrug: :namaste:
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)

Return to “Introductions”