Hello

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
Mr. H

Hello

Post by Mr. H »

Greetings all,

Mr. H here. 32 years old, from Australia. Currently studying to be a primary school teacher.

Relatively 'new' to Buddhism, though have been tentatively exploring it for quite a while, reading a few sporadic bits and pieces here and there and meditating on and off to mixed results.

I'm looking to gradually expand my knowledge and understanding, in hopes of incorporating more patience, compassion, mindfulness, etc. into my own work with children in the not-to-distant future (as well as for my own benefit too in the here and now :tongue: ).

I look forward to learning from and conversing with you all.

:hi:
Queequeg
Former staff member

Re: Hello

Post by Queequeg »

Welcome!
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!

Fortyeightvows

Post by Fortyeightvows »

Welcome.

You can easily search the site for anything that interests you. Please feel free to comment on anything of interest.
I usually use a site-specific search in my browser, i.e. searching for
site:https://dharmawheel.net search-term
where search-term is what you're looking for.
Since the forum has been going for so long, there will be huge numbers of results for most common terms. Google Advanced Search lets you restrict results by date, and that can be handy, too.
Hazel
Former staff member

Post by Hazel »

:group:
Happy Pride month to my queer dharma siblings!

What do you see when you turn out the lights?
Mr. H

Post by Mr. H »

Thanks all, and Happy New Year. :thumbsup:
Chirp

Post by Chirp »

Since you are from Australia, you may be able to visit a very renowned Buddhist monastery in Serpentine, Western Australia https://bswa.org
There are a lot of videos on youtube by Ajahn Brahm who is a very interesting speaker and belongs to this monastery. I personally have found a lot of peace listening to these videos. Do check it out.

Return to “Introductions”