Warm greetings

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
Amitayus

Warm greetings

Post by Amitayus » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:17 pm

Hello all,

I've known this site for quite a few years now as it regularly pops up from online searches concerning the Buddhist teachings. So i've always found this site very helpful. And today while i was reading a couple of posts, i realize that it's actually nice to be able to share about the dharma more. It helps me to stay focused on the path more easily. So that's why i decided to join.

During my college years i read a lot of books on spirituality and one of the first books i read was a book about Buddhism. At that time i felt deep down inside that i would come back to it later. So after reading lots of books and being on online spiritual fora, in 2012 i came across Tibetan Buddhism. Since then i've done multiple retreats and regularly meet with others to practice and listen to teachings.

Throughout the years i've learned to let go of wanting to know everything (including everything Buddhist) and i try to instead focus more on the experience. I'm looking forward to sharing with you as i found this to be a warm and friendly place to talk about the teachings of the Buddha.

Amitayus

Ayu
Global Moderator

Re: Warm greetings

Post by Ayu » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:00 am

Welcome to Dharmawheel. :smile:
For the benefit and ease of all sentient beings. :heart:

Fortyeightvows

Post by Fortyeightvows » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:23 am

Welcome.

You can easily search the site for anything that interests you. Please feel free to comment on anything of interest.
I usually use a site-specific search in my browser, i.e. searching for
site:https://dharmawheel.net search-term
where search-term is what you're looking for.
Since the forum has been going for so long, there will be huge numbers of results for most common terms. Google Advanced Search lets you restrict results by date, and that can be handy, too.

DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:51 am

Welcome to DW!

Return to “Introductions”