Hello to all DM members

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
Atholl

Hello to all DM members

Post by Atholl » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:15 pm

Hello everyone I am making my first very tentative steps, trying to use my time wisely in these challenging times to study the history and underlying story of Buddhism so I can better appreciate what I will hopefully learn in my journey to come.

My current knowledge is practically nil but my capacity to learn and study will I hope, allow me to ultimately follow a path that is right for me.

I am a very positive person with no underlying concerns, health wise or personally for which I am thankful but feel this is what I should undertake to improve my wider understanding and appreciation of the world around me. I live in a beautiful part of the world, the Highland Region of Scotland and I hope when the current situation has passed I will be well and able to take my first tentative steps through introductory clàsses I've seen available at the Kagyu Semye Dzong Centre at Drumnadrochit and I am looking forward to doing so it feels right for me.

So as I say very early days but just wanted to join the forum to absorb some of the conversations and experiences of others. Any advise offered will be gratefully accepted.

Best wishes
Atholl

DNS
Site Admin

Re: Hello to all DM members

Post by DNS » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:17 pm

Welcome to DW!

Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:38 pm

Hello and welcome to Dharmawheel,

just look around and see what is helpful for you. :smile:
For the benefit and ease of all sentient beings. :heart:

Fortyeightvows

Post by Fortyeightvows » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:57 pm

Welcome.

You can easily search the site for anything that interests you. Please feel free to comment on anything of interest.
I usually use a site-specific search in my browser, i.e. searching for
site:https://dharmawheel.net search-term
where search-term is what you're looking for.
Since the forum has been going for so long, there will be huge numbers of results for most common terms. Google Advanced Search lets you restrict results by date, and that can be handy, too.

Manjushri

Post by Manjushri » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:42 pm

Be most welcome!

Return to “Introductions”