Namaste & Request for Information

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
Shuddhasattva

Namaste & Request for Information

Post by Shuddhasattva »

Namaste

It is a pleasure to find this forum and join all of you in sangha. I am a practitioner of Tibetan Buddhism - mostly of karma kagyu line, though I am not affiliated with any structured organization - I am, however, initiated.

I am interested in many paths, and extracting what I feel is useful and/or essential from whatever I encounter. As such, I am aligned with ati and kaula margas in Hinduism, and to a lesser extent advaita vedanta, gaudiya vaishnavism & vaishnava-sahajiya. I also have an interest in taoism, some strands of Western esotericism, gnosticism, sufism, the Pythagoreans and Platonists, and shamanic/tribal traditions like yoruba.

The topics of primary interest to me in Buddha dharma are yuganaddha (in both senses), anuttarayoga / inner tantras, upattikrama, sampannakrama, guru yoga, dzogchen, kalachakra, mahamudra and karmamudra.

My request is:

Who are considered to be the knowledgeable posters on my topics of interest here, so that I may look through their post history?

Are there any threads of particular relevance?

Has anyone got book or journal article recommendations?

Dhanyavad & Namaste
DNS
Site Admin

Re: Namaste & Request for Information

Post by DNS »

:hi:

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!

:buddha1:

I hear Malcolm and Dechen Norbu are pretty well-versed in those subjects.
Kunzang

Re: Namaste & Request for Information

Post by Kunzang »

Hi,

What David said. :twothumbsup:

At the the top of my head and also in no particular order: conebeckham, heart, yudron (she's Nyingma/Dzogchen and just recently got out of 3 year retreat), jnana, mutsuk,...

That's leaving out many, but if you just dive in I'm sure you'll soon sort out who is compatible with your main interests.

Welcome and hari bol!

Kunzang
Critics slap labels on you and then expect you to talk inside their terms. - Doris Lessing

Return to “Introductions”