Re: Ashe Mahamudra retreats

Post by TrimePema » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:03 pm

heart wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:40 am
TrimePema wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:37 am
heart wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:48 am

"Shambala training" was created by Trungpa Rinpoche as non-religious path of wisdom. "Shambhala Buddhism training" was created by the Sakyong and contains a mix of Shambala training and Vajrayana. Any statements by Dilgo Khyentse can only refer to "Shambala training" as there was no "Shambhala Buddhism training" when he lived.

/magnus
What part of original CTR Shambhala training was not Vajrayana? What part of Shambhala Buddhism training is new?
I been told this by multiple Trungpa students who where pretty upset when the Sakyong decided to make them in to single system. It should be pretty easy to google. It is a bit weird that you don't even know what parts are Vajrayana and what parts are Shambhala. If you really don't know you should talk with an old Trungpa student preferably someone who did both paths.

/magnus
... It's weird? I feel like there was a misunderstanding. Shambhala teachings are terma. They are not separate from Buddhism and that is the distinction SMR made by calling it Shambhala Buddhism. CTR never made teachings that were secular, he just called Dzogchen and Mahamudra secular.

heart

Re: Ashe Mahamudra retreats

Post by heart » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:18 pm

TrimePema wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:03 pm
heart wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:40 am
TrimePema wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:37 am

What part of original CTR Shambhala training was not Vajrayana? What part of Shambhala Buddhism training is new?
I been told this by multiple Trungpa students who where pretty upset when the Sakyong decided to make them in to single system. It should be pretty easy to google. It is a bit weird that you don't even know what parts are Vajrayana and what parts are Shambhala. If you really don't know you should talk with an old Trungpa student preferably someone who did both paths.

/magnus
... It's weird? I feel like there was a misunderstanding. Shambhala teachings are terma. They are not separate from Buddhism and that is the distinction SMR made by calling it Shambhala Buddhism. CTR never made teachings that were secular, he just called Dzogchen and Mahamudra secular.
Whatever, I just told you what old Trungpa students told me. Shambala was taught separate from Vajrayana when Trungpa was alive. You could do both, or just one or the other but they where not mixed. That is all.

All the best!

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)

Return to “Mahamudra”