Sutra Mahamudra, Tantric Mahamudra, & Mahamudra

heart

Re: Sutra Mahamudra, Tantric Mahamudra, & Mahamudra

Post by heart »

invisiblediamond wrote:The ripa tsal wang has a particular feature these others do not. And the Kagyu blessing has a particular taste of energy the Rigpa tsal wang does not.
I think you really shouldn't talk openly about this empowerment you got Paul, for your own sake. Also your experience is quite limited when it comes to Dzogchen.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

heart wrote:
Well, I am talking about rig pa'i rtsal bang in the mengakde. I think the purpose is quite singular or else you would be introducing something that was still mind.

/magnus
There are different kinds of rig pa'i rtsal dbangs even within man ngag sde.
heart

Post by heart »

Malcolm wrote:
heart wrote:
Well, I am talking about rig pa'i rtsal bang in the mengakde. I think the purpose is quite singular or else you would be introducing something that was still mind.

/magnus
Of course they are different. There are for Trechö and Tögal and every tradition have there own style. But are they introducing the natural state or not?

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

heart wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
heart wrote:

/magnus
Of course they are different. There are for Trechö and Tögal and every tradition have there own style. But are they introducing the natural state or not?

/magnus

Its just not that simple.
heart

Post by heart »

Malcolm wrote: Its just not that simple.
Well, tell us how it is?

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

invisiblediamond

Post by invisiblediamond »

I believe the Kagyu also say the Jñāna descent could happen by psychic connection due to close past connections between master and student. In DC the master has to be in contemplation to give transmission. These are close.
fckw

Post by fckw »

Malcolm wrote: Read Kongtrul's encylopedia on practice lineages, he describes it perfectly.
Malcolm, what exactly do you mean with "Kongtrul's encyclopedia"? Are you talking about this: http://www.chinabuddhismencyclopedia.co ... =Mahamudra? Or is there also some book with that title?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

fckw wrote:
Malcolm wrote: Read Kongtrul's encylopedia on practice lineages, he describes it perfectly.
Malcolm, what exactly do you mean with "Kongtrul's encyclopedia"? Are you talking about this: http://www.chinabuddhismencyclopedia.co ... =Mahamudra? Or is there also some book with that title?
Specifically, Treasury of Knowledge, Esoteric Instructions.
RobertoKhorviano

Post by RobertoKhorviano »

I've found something related to this topic. What do You guys think of this?

http://steamboatbuddhistcenter.org/_/Ar ... amudra.pdf
heart

Post by heart »

RobertoKhorviano wrote:I've found something related to this topic. What do You guys think of this?

http://steamboatbuddhistcenter.org/_/Ar ... amudra.pdf
It is standard Kagyu Mahamudra. Essence Mahamudra is considered equal to Dzogchen Trechö. Tantra Mahamudra is what is practiced in all the Sarma schools. Sutra Mahamudra is a little controversial outside the Kagyu tradition.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

Chloe89

Post by Chloe89 »

i have always wondered the same thing

Return to “Mahamudra”