What is "mind" in mahamudra

Powerful bliss

Re: What is "mind" in mahamudra

Post by Powerful bliss »

catlady2112 wrote: Wed May 14, 2014 7:01 pm Just to say that of course the first person I would go to is my teacher, but my teacher is very elderly, has many students and is not near me. I thought it's better to ask here than to do nothing.
Did you receive pointing-out instructions from an authentic teacher? Meaning a teacher with lineage, long practice of mahamudra, compassion for his students and discipline (ethics).
If you didn't, this is what you need to look for. Someone needs to point to you directly what is "mind"...
weitsicht

Post by weitsicht »

conebeckham wrote: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:08 pm "Tea In Hand" is a mental event, actually....if you're talking about the knowledge of holding one's tea cup, the recognition that one is holding one's teacup....that is a mental event, and not "Mind Itself" or "Ordinary Mind" or "Primordial Awareness" or all those other various terms...

What is it that is aware that one is holding one's teacup?
:good:
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

I once made the (serious) suggestion that a moratorium should be in place on Buddhist forums concerning the use of the word 'mind'.
It is meaningless, in fact, worse than meaningless because everybody assumes that there is a standard meaning that is self-explanatory.
There isn't and it isn't.

No one took any notice then and they won't now.

Citta, manas, vedana, vijnana, etc etc will continue to be conflated. :toilet:
“You don’t know it. You just know about it. That is not the same thing.”

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche to me.

Return to “Mahamudra”