Dharma Ocean livestream

Post Reply
passel
Posts: 434
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:30 am

Dharma Ocean livestream

Post by passel » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:43 pm

Every Thursday, 6:30 pm US MTN time:

http://www.dharmaocean.org/meditation/live-stream/

Usually starts with a practice period, a little talk, then questions and answers, which you can submit by email.
A great resource if you like Reggie Ray.
"I have made a heap of all that I have met"- Svetonious

User avatar
dzogchungpa
Posts: 6333
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 10:50 pm

Re: Dharma Ocean livestream

Post by dzogchungpa » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:59 pm

Yes, I've been enjoying them. I was a little surprised when he referred to "the empty, open field of our eternal self in the central channel" last night, but it's all good. :smile:
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 28244
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Dharma Ocean livestream

Post by Malcolm » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:01 pm

dzogchungpa wrote:Yes, I've been enjoying them. I was a little surprised when he referred to "the empty, open field of our eternal self in the central channel" last night, but it's all good. :smile:
Well, of course, Ray is a gzhan stong pa.
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


[A]nything at all that is well spoken is the word of the Buddha.

-- Ārya-adhyāśaya-sañcodana-nāma-mahāyāna-sūtra

The different sūtras in accord with the emptiness
taught by the Sugata are definitive in meaning;
One can understand that all of those Dharmas in
which a sentient being, individual, or person are taught are provisional in meaning.

-- Samadhirāja Sūtra

User avatar
dzogchungpa
Posts: 6333
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 10:50 pm

Re: Dharma Ocean livestream

Post by dzogchungpa » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:50 pm

Malcolm wrote:
dzogchungpa wrote:Yes, I've been enjoying them. I was a little surprised when he referred to "the empty, open field of our eternal self in the central channel" last night, but it's all good. :smile:
Well, of course, Ray is a gzhan stong pa.
You mean, like Dudjom Rinpoche, Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche, Kalu Rinpoche, the 16th Karmapa and CTR? Whatever could he be thinking? :shrug:
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 28244
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Dharma Ocean livestream

Post by Malcolm » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:08 pm

dzogchungpa wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
dzogchungpa wrote:Yes, I've been enjoying them. I was a little surprised when he referred to "the empty, open field of our eternal self in the central channel" last night, but it's all good. :smile:
Well, of course, Ray is a gzhan stong pa.
You mean, like Dudjom Rinpoche, Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche, Kalu Rinpoche, the 16th Karmapa and CTR? Whatever could he be thinking? :shrug:
Yes, just like them, and perhaps a bit more so. I doubt any of them would have used the term "eternal self."
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


[A]nything at all that is well spoken is the word of the Buddha.

-- Ārya-adhyāśaya-sañcodana-nāma-mahāyāna-sūtra

The different sūtras in accord with the emptiness
taught by the Sugata are definitive in meaning;
One can understand that all of those Dharmas in
which a sentient being, individual, or person are taught are provisional in meaning.

-- Samadhirāja Sūtra

passel
Posts: 434
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:30 am

Re: Dharma Ocean livestream

Post by passel » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:50 pm

you'll find if you listen that he uses language quite loosely. he uses fewer and fewer buddhist terms every year, definitely not to everyone's taste.
"I have made a heap of all that I have met"- Svetonious

User avatar
dzogchungpa
Posts: 6333
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 10:50 pm

Re: Dharma Ocean livestream

Post by dzogchungpa » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:39 pm

Last night's was really great, IMO. I especially enjoyed his response to the question about God. :smile:
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche

User avatar
dzogchungpa
Posts: 6333
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 10:50 pm

Re: Dharma Ocean livestream

Post by dzogchungpa » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:06 am

Well, I just finished watching this past week's webcast and I have to say it was another strong presentation from Dr. Ray, with particularly interesting discussions of psychedelic drugs, kundalini, the eternal self, elemental spirits and the Hawaiian goddess Pele.

:smile:
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche

User avatar
Karma Dorje
Posts: 1341
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:35 pm

Re: Dharma Ocean livestream

Post by Karma Dorje » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:38 am

dzogchungpa wrote:Well, I just finished watching this past week's webcast and I have to say it was another strong presentation from Dr. Ray, with particularly interesting discussions of psychedelic drugs, kundalini, the eternal self, elemental spirits and the Hawaiian goddess Pele.

:smile:
When he gets to the Brazilian god Pelé, let me know. That I don't want to miss.
"Although my view is higher than the sky, My respect for the cause and effect of actions is as fine as grains of flour."
-Padmasambhava

User avatar
dzogchungpa
Posts: 6333
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 10:50 pm

Re: Dharma Ocean livestream

Post by dzogchungpa » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:59 am

Karma Dorje wrote:
dzogchungpa wrote:Well, I just finished watching this past week's webcast and I have to say it was another strong presentation from Dr. Ray, with particularly interesting discussions of psychedelic drugs, kundalini, the eternal self, elemental spirits and the Hawaiian goddess Pele.

:smile:
When he gets to the Brazilian god Pelé, let me know. That I don't want to miss.
Will do. :smile:
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche

User avatar
dzogchungpa
Posts: 6333
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 10:50 pm

Re: Dharma Ocean livestream

Post by dzogchungpa » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:10 am

Just a heads up, the livestream is starting up again this Thursday at the usual time i.e. 6:30 p.m (MT).
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche

User avatar
dzogchungpa
Posts: 6333
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 10:50 pm

Re: Dharma Ocean livestream

Post by dzogchungpa » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:34 am

I just got back from seeing the good Doctor teach at Anam Thubten's place in Point Richmond and I have to say that I was deeply impressed by his presence and sincerity, and his commitment to preserving CTR's teachings. Watching his videos really doesn't do him justice and I highly recommend that you go see him in person if you have a chance. :thumbsup:
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche

Post Reply

Return to “Mahamudra”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests