Dharma Ocean livestream

passel

Dharma Ocean livestream

Post by passel »

Every Thursday, 6:30 pm US MTN time:

http://www.dharmaocean.org/meditation/live-stream/

Usually starts with a practice period, a little talk, then questions and answers, which you can submit by email.
A great resource if you like Reggie Ray.
"I have made a heap of all that I have met"- Svetonious
dzogchungpa

Re: Dharma Ocean livestream

Post by dzogchungpa »

Yes, I've been enjoying them. I was a little surprised when he referred to "the empty, open field of our eternal self in the central channel" last night, but it's all good. :smile:
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

dzogchungpa wrote:Yes, I've been enjoying them. I was a little surprised when he referred to "the empty, open field of our eternal self in the central channel" last night, but it's all good. :smile:
Well, of course, Ray is a gzhan stong pa.
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

Malcolm wrote:
dzogchungpa wrote:Yes, I've been enjoying them. I was a little surprised when he referred to "the empty, open field of our eternal self in the central channel" last night, but it's all good. :smile:
You mean, like Dudjom Rinpoche, Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche, Kalu Rinpoche, the 16th Karmapa and CTR? Whatever could he be thinking? :shrug:
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

dzogchungpa wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
You mean, like Dudjom Rinpoche, Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche, Kalu Rinpoche, the 16th Karmapa and CTR? Whatever could he be thinking? :shrug:
Yes, just like them, and perhaps a bit more so. I doubt any of them would have used the term "eternal self."
passel

Post by passel »

you'll find if you listen that he uses language quite loosely. he uses fewer and fewer buddhist terms every year, definitely not to everyone's taste.
"I have made a heap of all that I have met"- Svetonious
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

Last night's was really great, IMO. I especially enjoyed his response to the question about God. :smile:
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

Well, I just finished watching this past week's webcast and I have to say it was another strong presentation from Dr. Ray, with particularly interesting discussions of psychedelic drugs, kundalini, the eternal self, elemental spirits and the Hawaiian goddess Pele.

:smile:
Karma Dorje

Post by Karma Dorje »

dzogchungpa wrote:Well, I just finished watching this past week's webcast and I have to say it was another strong presentation from Dr. Ray, with particularly interesting discussions of psychedelic drugs, kundalini, the eternal self, elemental spirits and the Hawaiian goddess Pele.

When he gets to the Brazilian god Pelé, let me know. That I don't want to miss.
"Although my view is higher than the sky, My respect for the cause and effect of actions is as fine as grains of flour."
-Padmasambhava
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

Karma Dorje wrote:
dzogchungpa wrote:Well, I just finished watching this past week's webcast and I have to say it was another strong presentation from Dr. Ray, with particularly interesting discussions of psychedelic drugs, kundalini, the eternal self, elemental spirits and the Hawaiian goddess Pele.

When he gets to the Brazilian god Pelé, let me know. That I don't want to miss.
Will do. :smile:
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

Just a heads up, the livestream is starting up again this Thursday at the usual time i.e. 6:30 p.m (MT).
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

I just got back from seeing the good Doctor teach at Anam Thubten's place in Point Richmond and I have to say that I was deeply impressed by his presence and sincerity, and his commitment to preserving CTR's teachings. Watching his videos really doesn't do him justice and I highly recommend that you go see him in person if you have a chance. :thumbsup:

Return to “Mahamudra”