does non judgement transcend enlightenment?

White Lotus

does non judgement transcend enlightenment?

Post by White Lotus »

in mahamudra, dzogchen and zen one is encouraged to embrace non judgement. does non judgement go beyond enlightenment?
in any matters of importance. dont rely on me. i may not know what i am talking about. take what i say as mere speculation. i am not ordained. nor do i have a formal training. i do believe though that if i am wrong on any point. there are those on this site who i hope will quickly point out my mistakes.
davyji

Re: does non judgement transcend enlightenment?

Post by davyji »

Depends on whether people equate distinction/discernment with being judgemental.
The former is critical thinking and valuable , while being judgemental is an affliction.

Not sure i understand the question yet say no to your question.

dave
Working with the raw elements (air earth fire water space)is a process of connecting with the external elements and internalizing their qualities.
Ultimately we can merge with the element. We connect the external quality with the internal quality and then dissolve the distinctions.
Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche

The essence of the elements is light
ChNN
White Lotus

Post by White Lotus »

thanks dave, enlightenment is complete just as it is, right now. non discrimination complicates what is simple. Its artificial
in any matters of importance. dont rely on me. i may not know what i am talking about. take what i say as mere speculation. i am not ordained. nor do i have a formal training. i do believe though that if i am wrong on any point. there are those on this site who i hope will quickly point out my mistakes.
Saoshun

Post by Saoshun »

White Lotus wrote:in mahamudra, dzogchen and zen one is encouraged to embrace non judgement. does non judgement go beyond enlightenment?
Not really. Traditions expect prajna or wisdom from their practitioners rather then judging. Judging is good for your survival but useless in deeper understanding of life. so on one level it's okay to judge if not you will not live long really, but if you want realize yourself you need to go deep into phenomena and judging will prevent that because you set wall before the line you need to cross to grasp deeper understanding of life.
davyji

Post by davyji »

Saoshun wrote:
White Lotus wrote:in mahamudra, dzogchen and zen one is encouraged to embrace non judgement. does non judgement go beyond enlightenment?
Not really. Traditions expect prajna or wisdom from their practitioners rather then judging. Judging is good for your survival but useless in deeper understanding of life. so on one level it's okay to judge if not you will not live long really, but if you want realize yourself you need to go deep into phenomena and judging will prevent that because you set wall before the line you need to cross to grasp deeper understanding of life.
Not really, is not necessary to go deep into phenomena to realize your self, you just need to go directly into your self. Not judge ourself first.

dave
Working with the raw elements (air earth fire water space)is a process of connecting with the external elements and internalizing their qualities.
Ultimately we can merge with the element. We connect the external quality with the internal quality and then dissolve the distinctions.
Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche

The essence of the elements is light
ChNN
Saoshun

Post by Saoshun »

Phenomena and yourself are not separable so you can not go directly to yourself the way you describing it. You need wisdom to penetrate the phenomena first. Even Hui Neng penetrate first phenomena first before attaining full realization. :bow:
White Lotus

Post by White Lotus »

i have no nature, but am all things except myself. i am awake.
White Lotus

Post by White Lotus »

i have no nature, there is only buddha nature. no seer, only seen. no person, only observed observing. is there any need to talk about these things? absolutely none. how can i improve what is already perfect. why do we teach buddhas? in order that they may know they are buddhas. this.

Return to “Mahamudra”