Mahamudra the Moonlight

Karma Dondrup Tashi

Mahamudra the Moonlight

Post by Karma Dondrup Tashi » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:40 pm

Since there is a new translation of the root text by Dakpo Tashi Namgyal by Elizabeth Callahan, i am wondering if anyone is aware of any teachings on mp3 or video or otherwise, using either the Traleg or Lhalungpa translations ?

PS: or Clarifying the natural State or Wangchuk Dorje's root text. I can't find any teachings that were ever given on these.

anjali
Global Moderator

Re: Mahamudra the Moonlight

Post by anjali » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:02 pm

Karma Dondrup Tashi wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:40 pm
Since there is a new translation of the root text by Dakpo Tashi Namgyal by Elizabeth Callahan, i am wondering if anyone is aware of any teachings on mp3 or video or otherwise, using either the Traleg or Lhalungpa translations ?

PS: or Clarifying the natural State or Wangchuk Dorje's root text. I can't find any teachings that were ever given on these.
I'm guessing you are aware of the excellent published oral teachings on these texts by Khenchen Thrangu Rinpoche. I believe his commentary on Moonbeams is based on the Lhalunga translation.

If you are looking for audio, the only thing I was able to find back when I was also looking was Traleg Kyabgon's audio CD's on Clarifying the Natural State. You can get them through namsebangdzo. Unfortunately, I found his speaking style to be off-putting (lots of ummms and ahhs that disrupted the flow). :( Maybe you will have a different experience if you choose to get them.

Dharma Wheel Terms of Service and Reporting Procedures.
Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for kindness. –-Seneca

Karma Dondrup Tashi

Post by Karma Dondrup Tashi » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:43 pm

thank you v much

Yes the Thrangu Rinpoche talks from big bear are published as "Essentials of Mahamudra" now also, I think, I will re-visit that book.

I will definitely check out the Traleg talks, TY.

Sonam Wangchug

Post by Sonam Wangchug » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:12 pm

anjali wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:02 pm
Karma Dondrup Tashi wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:40 pm

I'm guessing you are aware of the excellent published oral teachings on these texts by Khenchen Thrangu Rinpoche. I believe his commentary on Moonbeams is based on the Lhalunga translation.

If you are looking for audio, the only thing I was able to find back when I was also looking was Traleg Kyabgon's audio CD's on Clarifying the Natural State. You can get them through namsebangdzo. Unfortunately, I found his speaking style to be off-putting (lots of ummms and ahhs that disrupted the flow). :( Maybe you will have a different experience if you choose to get them.
The umms and ahhs came after Rinpoche had a serious fall.

Thus have I heard.

Excellent teacher.

gb9810

Post by gb9810 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:31 am

may not be useful depending on one's background, but here are:

a bit on moonbeam:

http://ktgr.dscloud.me/moodle/enrol/index.php?id=241

and a bit more on CNS:

http://ktgr.dscloud.me/moodle/enrol/index.php?id=106

and
http://ktgr.dscloud.me/moodle/course/in ... egoryid=34