What if seeing a lama as pure was less about lifting a lama up and more about bringing purity

passel

What if seeing a lama as pure was less about lifting a lama up and more about bringing purity

Post by passel » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:14 am

What if seeing a lama as pure was less about lifting a lama up and more about bringing purity down?
"I have made a heap of all that I have met"- Svetonious

smcj

Re: What if seeing a lama as pure was less about lifting a lama up and more about bringing purity

Post by smcj » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:20 am

passel wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:14 am
What if seeing a lama as pure was less about lifting a lama up and more about bringing purity down?
If by “down” you mean accessible, that’s what it is.
1. No traditional Buddhist sect, Tibetan or otherwise, considers deities to be fictional. (DW post/Seeker242)
2. I support Mingyur R and HHDL in their positions against Lama abuse.
3. Student: Lama, I thought I might die but then I realized that the 3 Jewels would protect me.
Lama: Even If you had died the 3 Jewels would still have protected you. (DW post/by ?)
4. Shentong] is the completely pure system that,
Through mainly teaching the luminous aspect of the mind, holds that the fruitions--kayas and wisdoms--exist on their own accord. (Karmapa XIII)

Simon E.

Re: What if seeing a lama as pure was less about lifting a lama up and more about bringing purity

Post by Simon E. » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:48 am

Seeing the Lama as pure is about you. Not about them.
My name is Simon John Ellis. Husband of a Buddhist wife. Father of a Buddhist son. And I will have Enlightenment in this life or the next.

( Or the next..or the next....)

haha

Post by haha » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:19 am

It is just like showing the moon by a figure. First, one sees that the person who has taught the essence is as the Buddha. Then, one sees that oneself as the Buddha. And then, one sees all sentient beings as the Buddha.

Return to “Mahamudra”