Five Tibetan Rites

Discuss any health or dietary topics which lie outside mainstream Western medical thinking, from Ayurveda to Reiki.
Konchog1

Five Tibetan Rites

Post by Konchog1 »

Yes it's this again.

Surprisingly I've been unable to find a definite final answer to the ongoing question, even in the archive for this site.

So please tell me, 1. do these exercises improve one's health across the board and slow down aging? and 2. is this set of five exercises Tibetan in origin?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Tibetan_Rites
Equanimity is the ground. Love is the moisture. Compassion is the seed. Bodhicitta is the result.

-Paraphrase of Khensur Rinpoche Lobsang Tsephel citing the Guhyasamaja Tantra

"All memories and thoughts are the union of emptiness and knowing, the Mind.
Without attachment, self-liberating, like a snake in a knot.
Through the qualities of meditating in that way,
Mental obscurations are purified and the dharmakaya is attained."

-Ra Lotsawa, All-pervading Melodious Drumbeats
flavio81

Re: Five Tibetan Rites

Post by flavio81 »

Oh, i'm in... I'll bring the popcorn. This will be fun.

:popcorn:
simhanada

Re: Five Tibetan Rites

Post by simhanada »

Konchog1 wrote:So please tell me, 1. do these exercises improve one's health across the board and slow down aging? and 2. is this set of five exercises Tibetan in origin?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Tibetan_Rites
1. They are pretty basic exercises which I can't see doing any harm as long as one is careful(as with any exercise). Moving the body is good. Don't know about the aging thing but the healthier your body is the better in the long term.

2. I vaguely remember a thread on e-sangha where someone said they had some similarities and were likely lifted and modified from some kagyu trulkhor exercises or preliminary exercises, something like that.

Return to “Alternative Health”