Electronics etc. and Lung/Prana

Discuss any health or dietary topics which lie outside mainstream Western medical thinking, from Ayurveda to Reiki.
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Electronics etc. and Lung/Prana

Post by Johnny Dangerous » Wed May 25, 2016 1:02 am

With the Yoga and Qigong I have been involved in, it was a common belief that being in regular close proximity to lots of electronics could disturb one's subtle body/energetic system etc. Personally this always resonated with me because I developed reynauds syndrome: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raynaud's_phenomenon from working in a Data Center for years, and I actually managed to heal it to some degree with Qigong.

I was wondering if Tibetan Medicine also has a similar concept in regards to electronics etc, and if so what are the recommendations for excessive Lung that is stirred up due to them. I believe one of the recommendations from Qigong and yoga was being in and around water.
"it must be coming from the mouthy mastermind of raunchy rapper, Johnny Dangerous”

-Jeff H.

AlexMcLeod

Re: Electronics etc. and Lung/Prana

Post by AlexMcLeod » Wed May 25, 2016 2:18 am

When my wife used to work on base very close to the giant radar dish, she was extremely affected. Orgonite was actually helpful in bringing down the effects until I could train her enough to withstand them herself. I don't suggest it as a solution for anyone, mostly because of the paranoia the people who sell it spread. OrgoneCrystals was the only decent vendor with a good understanding of energy.

Other things that I know work, are actual quartz crystals (I guess it's a matter of like curing like), holy images and statues, or you can purify the area with chanting or rituals. A correctly built prayer wheel will definitely do the trick. Other than that, you have to build your internal force.
Relax! Smile From The Heart!
There is a difference between the Mundane and the Transcendental. If you purposefully confuse them, I will ignore you, you nihilist.
There is no Emotion, there is Peace. There is no Ignorance, there is Knowledge. There is no Passion, there is Serenity. There is no Death, there is the Force.

Virgo
Global Moderator

Post by Virgo » Wed May 25, 2016 2:30 am

Every morning I've been going down to the creek.

Kevin

Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous » Wed May 25, 2016 2:30 am

AlexMcLeod wrote:When my wife used to work on base very close to the giant radar dish, she was extremely affected. Orgonite was actually helpful in bringing down the effects until I could train her enough to withstand them herself. I don't suggest it as a solution for anyone, mostly because of the paranoia the people who sell it spread. OrgoneCrystals was the only decent vendor with a good understanding of energy.

Other things that I know work, are actual quartz crystals (I guess it's a matter of like curing like), holy images and statues, or you can purify the area with chanting or rituals. A correctly built prayer wheel will definitely do the trick. Other than that, you have to build your internal force.

I was actually asking about the Tibetan medicine view on it, as we can no longer post in the actual Tibetan Medicince forum.
"it must be coming from the mouthy mastermind of raunchy rapper, Johnny Dangerous”

-Jeff H.

AlexMcLeod

Post by AlexMcLeod » Wed May 25, 2016 2:47 am

I didn't realize that forum wasn't active. Sorry.
Relax! Smile From The Heart!
There is a difference between the Mundane and the Transcendental. If you purposefully confuse them, I will ignore you, you nihilist.
There is no Emotion, there is Peace. There is no Ignorance, there is Knowledge. There is no Passion, there is Serenity. There is no Death, there is the Force.

Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous » Wed May 25, 2016 6:50 pm

bump

-Jeff H.

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm » Wed May 25, 2016 6:50 pm

Johnny Dangerous wrote:bump
Yes, electronics are the main cause of the epidemic of wind illnesses.
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

[A]nything at all that is well spoken is the word of the Buddha.

-- Ārya-adhyāśaya-sañcodana-nāma-mahāyāna-sūtra

The different sūtras in accord with the emptiness
taught by the Sugata are definitive in meaning;
One can understand that all of those Dharmas in
which a sentient being, individual, or person are taught are provisional in meaning.

-- Samadhirāja Sūtra

Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous » Wed May 25, 2016 6:56 pm

Malcolm wrote:

Got any basic advice? I have a Tsa Lung practice, and I've found the water thing helpful...but I almost feel like my sensitivity to electronics has gotten worse.

-Jeff H.

treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus » Wed May 25, 2016 10:34 pm

Malcolm wrote:
Interesting that. Could you elaborate a bit?
. . . there they saw a rock! But it wasn't a rock . . .

zengen

Post by zengen » Wed May 25, 2016 11:27 pm

In my previous job, I worked in front of a computer for 8+ hours a day in an office setting. Surrounding me were other computers. I think that's not very healthy. Can computers drain my energy? I always feel tired after sitting in front of a computer for many hours.
There is no meaning to cyclic existence.

Miroku

Post by Miroku » Thu May 26, 2016 11:02 am

As a student I am on a computer most of the time, since all my study materials are in electronical form now and I've noticed that using pc for too long makes me numb. Taking a pause from pc few times in an hour and having a short walk around the room, or just going to the bathroom helps a bit.
A boat delivers you to the other riverbank.
A needle stitches up your clothes.
A horse takes you where you want to go.
Bodhicitta will bring you to Buddhahood.

~ Khunu Lama Rinpoche

treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus » Fri May 27, 2016 8:42 pm

treehuggingoctopus wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
Interesting that. Could you elaborate a bit?
Bump?
. . . there they saw a rock! But it wasn't a rock . . .

Return to “Alternative Health”