TCM Meridian animation

Discuss any health or dietary topics which lie outside mainstream Western medical thinking, from Ayurveda to Reiki.
kalden yungdrung

TCM Meridian animation

Post by kalden yungdrung »

Tashi delek ,

Like Tibetan Medicine, Traditional Acupuncture is a holistic way in approaching health.
TCM is a Chinese not mixed up system of medicine.
Therefore it could developed to the top.
For me personal, it is one of the best ways, to treat health.
For gaining insight , the Nei I Ching is the source book for study.

Below Meridian animation , it shows how the path ways of the meridians run through the body.
https://www.facebook.com/ZenitRelax/vid ... 247814062/
The best meditation is no meditation
Vasana

Re: TCM Meridian animation

Post by Vasana »

An interesting study i read recently on positive correlations between merdian point locations and connective tissue/fascia. Deepened my appreciation and understanding of how things like qi-gong and yoga work at both an energetic and muscular level.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1 ... 10185/full
Abstract

Acupuncture meridians traditionally are believed to constitute channels connecting the surface of the body to internal organs. We hypothesize that the network of acupuncture points and meridians can be viewed as a representation of the network formed by interstitial connective tissue. This hypothesis is supported by ultrasound images showing connective tissue cleavage planes at acupuncture points in normal human subjects. To test this hypothesis, we mapped acupuncture points in serial gross anatomical sections through the human arm. We found an 80% correspondence between the sites of acupuncture points and the location of intermuscular or intramuscular connective tissue planes in postmortem tissue sections. We propose that the anatomical relationship of acupuncture points and meridians to connective tissue planes is relevant to acupuncture's mechanism of action and suggests a potentially important integrative role for interstitial connective tissue. Anat Rec (New Anat) 269:257–265, 2002. © 2002 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
'When thoughts arise, recognise them clearly as your teacher'— Gampopa
'When alone, examine your mind, when among others, examine your speech'.— Atisha
kalden yungdrung

Re: TCM Meridian animation

Post by kalden yungdrung »

Vasana wrote:An interesting study i read recently on positive correlations between merdian point locations and connective tissue/fascia. Deepened my appreciation and understanding of how things like qi-gong and yoga work at both an energetic and muscular level.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1 ... 10185/full
Abstract

Acupuncture meridians traditionally are believed to constitute channels connecting the surface of the body to internal organs. We hypothesize that the network of acupuncture points and meridians can be viewed as a representation of the network formed by interstitial connective tissue. This hypothesis is supported by ultrasound images showing connective tissue cleavage planes at acupuncture points in normal human subjects. To test this hypothesis, we mapped acupuncture points in serial gross anatomical sections through the human arm. We found an 80% correspondence between the sites of acupuncture points and the location of intermuscular or intramuscular connective tissue planes in postmortem tissue sections. We propose that the anatomical relationship of acupuncture points and meridians to connective tissue planes is relevant to acupuncture's mechanism of action and suggests a potentially important integrative role for interstitial connective tissue. Anat Rec (New Anat) 269:257–265, 2002. © 2002 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Tashi delek,

The knowledge in acupuncture of the many forms of Chi explains the energetic side of TCM.
Chi flows through the meridians.
A blockade of the Chi causes illness . If the illness reaches yin (deep in the body) then we can speak in TCM of a chronical disease which is difficult to cure, whereas a new illness which is on the surface of the Muscle Meridians , which are connected to the Lymphatic nerval system, is easy to cure. Here we speak of yang illness.

is the illness Yin, then the needle technic is done with long needles and deep. Mostly in the western world it is of a cold deep traumata and is cured mostly with heated needles.

Defence energy or Wei Qi, is responsible for the health /immune system.
Sweat is an outcome of defence energy.

So these manifestations of the different kind of Chi, is the energetic value of the body.
elow the system of the famous triple burner in Dutch. Here we see what food can produce, in combination with Yuan Chi and the Ta Qi, the Chen Qi. Chen Qi is the ready energy which can circulate as the Chi we know in the body.

The chart below i have in Dutch only, but it would not be a problem to translate the few Dutch words

Triple burner - 02 (1).jpg
Triple burner - 02 (1).jpg (56.67 KiB) Viewed 5882 times
We have in TCM mainly 5 cures:

Needles
Diet /medicine
Yoga movement
Massage
Meditation

KY.
The best meditation is no meditation

Return to “Alternative Health”