Turmeric

Discuss any health or dietary topics which lie outside mainstream Western medical thinking, from Ayurveda to Reiki.
Simon E.

Turmeric

Post by Simon E. »

Malcolm, what does Tibetan Medicine say about the use of turmeric as a supplement ?
“You don’t know it. You just know about it. That is not the same thing.”

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche to me.
SunWuKong

Re: Turmeric

Post by SunWuKong »

Simon E. wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:11 pm Malcolm, what does Tibetan Medicine say about the use of turmeric as a supplement ?
We've got Asian markets around here that sell whole turmeric roots. It's generally assumed it works a bit like tea or ginseng, it makes blood less gooey, sticky. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22531131

no idea about tibet
"We are magical animals that roam" ~ Roam
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Simon E. wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:11 pm Malcolm, what does Tibetan Medicine say about the use of turmeric as a supplement ?
Turmeric is generally good, but it is heating, since it is related to ginger. So it can be a bit drying as well.
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

So how one balance that Malcolm..?
I should perhaps explain I have been reading about its use as an anti-inflammatory.

Virgo

Post by Virgo »

I've also found it a bit drying. In general, it is better to ask your Tibetan or Ayurvedic physician whether certain spices are good for you personally or not (since they have examined you personally), and also during which seasons. We should always ask about which foods we should favor (which dishes, meats, which fruits, vegetables, etc), spices, routines, lifestyles, and so on. Adjusting any of these things can help bring us back into balance if we need it, or help keep us in balance if our system is balanced.

Kevin...
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

Hi Kevin..long time no see :thumbsup:

Virgo

Post by Virgo »

£$&^@ wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:43 am Hi Kevin..long time no see :thumbsup:
Hey Simon,

:hi:

Kevin...
namesnotshanekid

Post by namesnotshanekid »

I don´t know what tibetan medicine says about turmeric but i know that you should put it with ground black pepper in a jar and let it ferment. I used to put grapefruit wedges with turmeric and black pepper in a jar with a little sugar or honey plus salt in it and let it ferment. This apparently makes it hundreds of times more bioavailable compared to just eating it as it is. There is some magic interaction between the turmeric and the black pepper that unlocks its potential. There´s been a lot of science on the topic.

Return to “Alternative Health”