Combining Ayurvedic/Tibetan Medicine and Herbs & Supplements

Discuss any health or dietary topics which lie outside mainstream Western medical thinking, from Ayurveda to Reiki.
padma norbu

Re: Combining Ayurvedic/Tibetan Medicine and Herbs & Supplements

Post by padma norbu »

I love Guayaki yerba mate. Now that I know Passion flavor has damiana, I'll definitely get it. I have a cup of damiana followed by a cup of yerba mate each morning. The rest of the yerba mate I put in a thermos to drink throughout the day instead of coffee. Far better energy drink!
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

Yep, I rarely go an entire day without Maté, whereas I only drink coffee a couple or so times a week.

I used to keep a bottle of the Passion, Heart, or Mind flavor of Guayaki next to my bed to wake up to every morning; but at $2.50 a pop, it gets kind of pricey. So now I mostly brew some loose Yerba Maté every morning. Loose Guayaki Maté at Whole Foods Market costs nearly quadruple what you pay for Maté at any random South American or Mexican Market. And I think the La Merced brand that I buy is just as good as Guayaki's loose Maté.

Good stuff. Sounds like it's about time to get a hold of some Damiana, and a good Maté thermos.
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

Finally got a Maté thermos at the South American market.

Some good info on Damiana:

http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/learn/damiana.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They're currently out of Damiana, but they have Passionflower and Yerma (authentic Szechuan) in stock; all organic too, which to me is practically indispensable (Chögyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche also wrote that herbs should not be contaminated by synthetic chemicals).

The Damiana page says that it can be mixed with other herbs, so trying it with Yerba Maté or Passionflower could be interesting.
blit10

Post by blit10 »

Hello
I think ayurvedic supplement is better than any other kind of supplement because it does not have any side effect.
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

catmoon wrote:OMG are you guys serious? You are eating things laced with mercury and arsenic? That's crazy dangerous.
I've taken properly prepared mercury from Divya Pharmacy and it worked wonderfully with no bad side effect.

Kevin

Return to “Alternative Health”