translation of The Awakening of Faith

A forum for those wishing to discuss Buddhist history and teachings in the Western academic manner, referencing appropriate sources.
nudnavda

translation of The Awakening of Faith

Post by nudnavda »

Hi, I searched for Richard H. Robinson on Dharmawheel but found only general references.
My question concerns Robinson's translation of The Awakening of Faith. I came to know of its existence via Sung Bae Park's Wonhyo's commentaries on the Awakening of faith in Mahayana. And as i'm gradually working on a Dutch translation, dr. Robinson's translation would be a welcome addition to the sources available, such as Fa-tsang: Commentary on the Awakening of Faith (An English Translation by Dirck Vorenkamp).
Would anyone know a way to obtain copy of dr. Robinson's translation?

Thanks a lot,
Ad van Dun
Queequeg
Former staff member

Re: translation of The Awakening of Faith

Post by Queequeg »

I just did a quick Google search of his books - I see Awakening of Faith translation is unpublished. One of his other books "Buddhist Religions" indicates he was formerly at the University of Wisconsin. You might start by contacting the Department of Religion there.
Good luck!
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,
nudnavda

Re: translation of The Awakening of Faith

Post by nudnavda »

Queequeg wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:54 am I just did a quick Google search of his books - I see Awakening of Faith translation is unpublished. One of his other books "Buddhist Religions" indicates he was formerly at the University of Wisconsin. You might start by contacting the Department of Religion there.
Good luck!
Thanks, for the quick reply, Queequeg.
I will mail them and will post the result here - if any ;-)

Return to “Academic Discussion”