What are you looking for?

A forum for those wishing to discuss Buddhist history and teachings in the Western academic manner, referencing appropriate sources.
humble.student

Re: What are you looking for?

Post by humble.student »

Am looking for:

THE SUTRA OF FORTY-TWO SECTIONS
Stanley Frye, Indiana University, PhD dissertation, 1973.

Many thanks.
humble.student

Post by humble.student »

Am looking for the articles: "An Introduction to the Tibetan Dzogchen (Great Perfection) Philosophy of Mind" by David Higgins;
and:
KLAUS-DIETER MATHES: "BKA' BRGYUD MAHAMUDRA - CHINESE RDZOGS CHEN OR THE TEACHINGS OF THE SIDDHAS".

The PDFs that were linked to previously are no longer available online. Thanks!
rang.drol

Post by rang.drol »

mutsuk wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:11 pm I've been looking for this one for some time :

Østensen, Morten. In the Presence of the Dharmakaya: Dzogchen Practice According to Khangsar Tenpe Wangchug’s Notes on Dza Paltrul’s Extraordinary Teaching of the Wise and Glorious King (mkhas pa shri rgyal po’i khyad chos). M.A. thesis, 2008

Can anybody help? Thanks in advance.
I would be interested too. Has anybody been able to help or found?
Thanks a lot in advance.
rang.drol

Post by rang.drol »

Greg wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:59 am
yegyal wrote:Are people still looking for this:
Østensen, Morten. In the Presence of the Dharmakaya: Dzogchen Practice According to Khangsar Tenpe Wangchug’s Notes on Dza Paltrul’s Extraordinary Teaching of the Wise and Glorious King (mkhas pa shri rgyal po’i khyad chos). M.A. thesis, 2008

If so, please send me a message.
To anyone interested in Dzogchen, I would recommend taking up yegyal on his kind offer. I haven't had a chance to look over the translation yet, but the 50 pg introduction is a highly stimulating survey of the literary history of the Dzogchen literature in general building on Germano's work, the snying thig in particularly, and Garab Dorje's three points especially. Also interesting is the information about Khangsar Tenpe Wangchug, a still-living contemporary of Khenpo Jigme Phuntsok who is apparently held in similarly high regard in Tibet/Western China today.
Hi Greg,
as it seems yegyal's account isn't active anymore I'd like to turn my request to you instead.
Could you please PM me regarding that text.
Thanks a lot in advance.
passel

Post by passel »

I'd love to find a full copy of the co-edited volume on mahamudra by Kapstein and Roger Jackson: "Mahamudra and the Bka' brgyud Tradition," PIATS 2006.
"I have made a heap of all that I have met"- Svetonious
Greg

Post by Greg »

passel wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:01 pm I'd love to find a full copy of the co-edited volume on mahamudra by Kapstein and Roger Jackson: "Mahamudra and the Bka' brgyud Tradition," PIATS 2006.
You'll now find it available on Libgen.
Greg

Post by Greg »

humble.student wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:09 am Am looking for the articles: "An Introduction to the Tibetan Dzogchen (Great Perfection) Philosophy of Mind" by David Higgins;
and:
KLAUS-DIETER MATHES: "BKA' BRGYUD MAHAMUDRA - CHINESE RDZOGS CHEN OR THE TEACHINGS OF THE SIDDHAS".

The PDFs that were linked to previously are no longer available online. Thanks!
You still need this stuff?
Greg

Post by Greg »

rang.drol wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:18 pm

To anyone interested in Dzogchen, I would recommend taking up yegyal on his kind offer. I haven't had a chance to look over the translation yet, but the 50 pg introduction is a highly stimulating survey of the literary history of the Dzogchen literature in general building on Germano's work, the snying thig in particularly, and Garab Dorje's three points especially. Also interesting is the information about Khangsar Tenpe Wangchug, a still-living contemporary of Khenpo Jigme Phuntsok who is apparently held in similarly high regard in Tibet/Western China today.
Hi Greg,
as it seems yegyal's account isn't active anymore I'd like to turn my request to you instead.
Thanks a lot in advance.
PMed
pueraeternus

Post by pueraeternus »

Hi Greg,

I would love to have this too - please PM me. Thanks.
Greg wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:12 pm

Hi Greg,
Thanks a lot in advance.
PMed
"Men must want to do things out of their own innermost drives. People, not commercial organizations or chains of command, are what make great civilizations work. Every civilization depends upon the quality of the individuals it produces. If you over-organize humans, over-legalize them, suppress their urge to greatness - they cannot work and their civilization collapses."
- A letter to CHOAM, attributed to the Preacher
Yeshe Dorje

Rebirth: Tibetan Game of Liberation

Post by Yeshe Dorje »

Hi,

I have an old copy of the book/game Rebirth: Tibetan Game of Liberation by Mark Tatz & Jody Kent. Sadly there was a problem with the printing and some pages are missing while others appear twice. As far as I can tell there has only been one printing. Does anyone else have a copy of the book and if so does your copy suffer from the same faults? Does anyone have a complete copy and if so would you be willing to copy the missing pages for me?

Thanks
Dallas
humble.student

Re: Rebirth: Tibetan Game of Liberation

Post by humble.student »

Yeshe Dorje wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:02 am I have an old copy of the book/game Rebirth: Tibetan Game of Liberation by Mark Tatz & Jody Kent. Sadly there was a problem with the printing and some pages are missing while others appear twice. As far as I can tell there has only been one printing. Does anyone else have a copy of the book and if so does your copy suffer from the same faults? Does anyone have a complete copy and if so would you be willing to copy the missing pages for me?
I don't know if this is of any help to you, but one person has uploaded some pages to an Amazon review: https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-revi ... 009136051X
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

pueraeternus wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:19 pm Hi Greg,

I would love to have this too - please PM me. Thanks.
Greg wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:12 pm

Hi Greg,
Thanks a lot in advance.
PMed
Also would very much like to read this

Apologies for the inadvertent thread necromancy
yeshegyaltsen

Post by yeshegyaltsen »

Hi Greg,
Thanks a lot in advance.
Actually I still lurk around from time to time. Though probably not for much longer.
davidscharff108

Post by davidscharff108 »

If anyone is still able to provide a link to Morten Østensen, In the Presence of the Dharmakaya: thesis I would be most grateful!
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

I am searching for Lho Nuden Dorje's red Yamantaka-Sadhana
in tibetan, or english, or german.......
Lost In Transmission
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

....... and Pema Lingpa's Guru Dragpo.
Lost In Transmission
Fortyeightvows

Post by Fortyeightvows »

Tertitski Konstantin. Zailijiao in Russia: A Chinese Syncretic Religion in Diaspora. /
The Fourth Fu Jen University Sinological Symposium: Research on Religions in China:
Status quo and Perspectives, edited by Zbigniew Wesolowski, SVD. Xinzhuang: Furen
Daxue chubanshe, 2007. Pp. 414443.
weitsicht

Post by weitsicht »

I would love to see the Tulku Thondup translation of Boundless Vision
before being edited by Keith Dowman
https://www.amazon.com/Boundless-Vision ... 973&sr=8-3
Ho! All the possible appearances and existences of samsara and nirvana have the same source, yet two paths and two results arise as the magical display of awareness and unawareness.
HO NANG SRI KHOR DAE THAMCHE KUN ZHI CHIG LAM NYI DRAE BU NYI RIG DANG MA RIG CHOM THRUL TE
humble.student

Post by humble.student »

weitsicht wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:19 pm I would love to see the Tulku Thondup translation of Boundless Vision
Then get yourself a copy of "A commentary on the Northern Treasures Accumulation Praxis known as The Five Nails from the Boundless Vision of Dzogchen." If you read French, read S. Arguillère's work.
humble.student

Post by humble.student »

humble.student wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:08 am
weitsicht wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:19 pm I would love to see the Tulku Thondup translation of Boundless Vision
Then get yourself a copy of "A commentary on the Northern Treasures Accumulation Praxis known as The Five Nails from the Boundless Vision of Dzogchen." If you read French, read S. Arguillère's work.
Brief update: I note that Arguillère is currently working on a proper English translation of his French work, which will be most promising.
And, it turns out there was a German translation of the "original" English version done by one of ChRR's German students. Whether that was (or will be) made available, I have no idea. See the comments here: http://www.arguillere.org/2017/07/suite ... gthal.html

Return to “Academic Discussion”