New practice place dedicated

Meido

New practice place dedicated

Post by Meido »

Hello All,

This past Sunday in the Madison, Wisconsin (USA) area we conducted a dedication ceremony of the newly (nearly) completed zendo at Korinji, a monastery that's been under construction since 2009. Though we have a way to go before residential quarters will be completed, the ceremony officially marks the "birth" of a new Rinzai Zen monastery.

Official details for those interested in such things:

Full name of the place is So' Teki Zan Ko Rin Zen Ji [祖的山光林禅寺]: Patriarchal Target Mountain, Shining Forest Zen Temple.
Main images to be enshrined are Shaka Sanzon, i.e. Shakyamuni, Monju (Manjusri) Fugen (Samantabhadra).
Monju enshrined in the new zendo, which is named Shishi Kutsu: "Cave of Lions".
Marishiten to be enshrined as the primary guardian.

A recap of the day's events has been posted on our community's blog along with a few photos:

http://rinzaiheartland.blogspot.com/201 ... cated.html

It's been a long road to get to this point, and there's much, much more to do. But a few of the folks here at DW have been very supportive, and in a few cases I would even say instrumental through the insight and depth of their contributions which continue to help me personally. I'm very grateful.

:namaste:

~ Meido
Luke

Re: New practice place dedicated

Post by Luke »

That's great news, Meido-roshi! I hope that your new monastery benefits many beings.

Many of us here are also very grateful for your thoughtful and detailed posts which explain Zen to us. :namaste:

Return to “Rinzai”