Opening Pandora's box

omnifriend

Opening Pandora's box

Post by omnifriend »

I've read from different meditation traditions there is always eventually for a dedicated meditator an opening of Pandora's box as Charlotte Joko beck calls it. Where all your anger and grief and psychological stuff that's been in the back of your mind/body comes to the surface. I notice I have a lack of mindfulness or awareness when these things come up. How should I approach this aspect of practice?
DGA
Former staff member

Re: Opening Pandora's box

Post by DGA »

omnifriend wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:13 pm I've read from different meditation traditions there is always eventually for a dedicated meditator an opening of Pandora's box as Charlotte Joko beck calls it. Where all your anger and grief and psychological stuff that's been in the back of your mind/body comes to the surface.
This happens. It is challenging and requires great care. This is not a do-it-yourself project.
I notice I have a lack of mindfulness or awareness when these things come up. How should I approach this aspect of practice?
Schedule a private meeting with your teacher and discuss the issue with him or her.
tatpurusa

Re: Opening Pandora's box

Post by tatpurusa »

Practice compassion meditation and non-judgemental awareness.
Apply this attitude to you and whatever appears within your mind.
And of course talk about it with your guru.

Return to “Soto”